Fibromyalgia...Please help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susanG, Mar 4, 2003.

1. susanG

susanG New Member

Hello, I'm new to this message board. I was recently diagnosed with fibrmyalgia after the birth of my son. I have been on Ultra, Ultracet, Darvacet and prozac. I also take a B complex vitamin and Flaxseed. I would like any suggestions you have on any supplements and pain meds that work for you. I am most disturbed by the cronic fatigue that I experience everyday, it's very depressing when I can't take care of my son and need my mother to help me. So, any suggestions on meds or supplements for the fatigue will be much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

if your baby is still waking at night. I suggest a muscle relaxant at bedtime. You may have to break it to make it a smaller dose initially. Also, if you have anxiety when you go to bed, you may need xanax or something like that to help you sleep. I also have to say that ZMA, which is sold on-line here on this site at the tab at the top that says store. It has helped me sleep and it is a magnesium zinc combination that for some reason works for some of us. Good luck. dolsgirl
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Welcome to the board & sorry you need to be here. Much of this DD is trying to find meds that work & then having them keep on working. I have had things work for a while only to have them stop or to find out that my insurance won't cover them when my samples are gone.
    Right now I take 2 300mg Neurontin at bedtime, along w/1 10mg Flexeril + 1 100mg zoloft. I have hydromorphone for pain (which I have not tried yet as I seem to have a lower pain level since I got that Rx & have been taking the last of my celebrex in the meantime).
    Right now I do not have a specific 'sleep' med. I wind up just staying up as late as my DD wants me to & most nights am up til 3-5am. The meds my Dr wanted me to try are not covered by insurance...
    In the past Restoril worked for me short term & Ativan worked for a few months, but both stopped working. I tried using Benadryl (which I used in the past w/great success) & right now it dries out my system too much & I can't deal w/that as I have chronic bronchitis & don't need that popping up!
    Suggest getting some books on fibro. Best one I have found is Devin Starlynal's on MFS/FMS survival.
    Take care,
    ***Pixie***