Fibromyalgia progressive?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Oct 5, 2008.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Has anyone else had one disease after another after getting fibro? Since being diagnosed with fibro I've been weak from chronic bleeding in my gastrointestinal tract, fall over from orthostatic hypotension, have mild but progressing blockage of the veins and arteries around my heart, and have developed cysts on my kidneys that require regular MRIs. I also have collagenous colitis and gastroparesis. I was a very healthy person before I got fibro. Now I can barely stand up. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please let me know. GINNY B

2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm afraid in my case, Fibromyalgia was pretty much the last thing I've been diagnosed with. I've always had low blood pressure, bowel problems, et al. Since I was diagnosed in 2004, I've only had 1 virus infection. I've found that pretty weird.

It seems that a lot of people with CFS get many infections and other problems as well. Is it possible you have CFS also?

I feel your pain, that's for sure.

All the best,

3. kbak

kbak Member

Depending on what your fibro is causes by, yes. It sounds like your more CFS than fibro. You can have both. I have CFID and it is slowly breaking me down. It's now reaking havoc with my digestive system. There's no magic answer, wish there was. All I can do is treat the best I can. My brain fog has gotten so much worse over the last yr. it's freightening! Sorry to hear you not doing well.

4. ChyC

ChyC New Member

I was dx'ed 1st with fm - not once but 5 dang times. Then I was dx'ed with osteoarthritis, gastric reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, and high blood pressure. These, I deal with daily. Now my ph is trying to balance itself to where my body is comfortable with it.

I the past I also had my uterus removed in my 20's and now I take hormones due to scar tissues on one of my ovaries. Thus slowing down my menopause - my doctor believes. I also have recurring cysts in my ovaries and have to make sure they don't get bigger than 5 cm's and hope they drain before that could happen - if not, I have to go to emerg asap for it can burst and that's not an good thing. So I've been told. They are also very painful when draining and also as they get bigger. This happens often and after all these years I have learned when it get too bad to get myself to the hospital - thankfully this hasn't happened often.

I also had my gall bladder removed and an - large rock, my doctor back then said. He was a jerk and I left him soon after that due to his inapproiate behaviour.

I have found that through the years that my pain threshold have increased when I've come to get use to that level of pain. For years I had a doctor who didn't treat me for pain - that was an god awful experience. You wouldn' wish it on anyone. But you do learn to deal with the pain levels for we have no choice but to do so. Like everyone with chronic pain.

I am always ready for what fibromyalgia has to throw at me but I will control how I will deal with it and "It's not going to get me to give in, no way no how."