Fibromyalgia Remission with Malarone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nanie46, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

There is a very interesting case of a woman treated with Malarone, whose fibromyalgia symptoms disappeared.

The blog is written by an MD, Here is the link....scroll about 3/4 down the page to the March 31, 2009 entry titled "Fibromyalgia Remission with Malarone".....
  2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Thank you ... intresting
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

That's an anti malaria drug, treats infections like that. Just makes you wonder what we really have. Docs never test us for stuff like that. You just never know.

I will say this, though. When they put me on Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control pills, ALL of my fibro pain went away. It was a huge miracle. But it only lasted as long as I was on the pills. I couldn't stay on them. A year and a half into them and I got sick on them. But for that year and a half, all that fibro pain was gone. I couldn't believe it. So much more research needs to be done on all this.
  4. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

Malarone is not used for bacterial infections.
  5. loto

loto Member

that is so interesting. I so wonder why your pain went away while u were on the pill? You think it has something to do with monthly cycle? Oh why oh why can't more doctors do more research for all of us??? Someone else posted that they were going to donate their body to FM research when they pass away, and was looking for anyone who knew where that would be. I have been seriously thinking about doing the same thing, and have decided that I am going to donate my body, also, for FM and all these other conditions for research. I just hope my family will not disagree with me. I will definitely have it legally written.
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

There have been many instances where women who have our illness experienced a complete remission during pregnancy, but as soon as they gave birth, the disease came right back.

All I can think of is that pregnancy or false pregnancy as birth control pills do, creates some kind of chemical soup in the blood that either sticks the disease into remission or corrects whatever is causing the fibro pain. But as soon as you are no longer pregnant or no longer taking the pills, you get the disease right back. It could be a hormone thing. I don't know. All I do know is that those birth control pills were a miracle for me while I was on them. More studies need to be done on this.