Fibromyalgia Result of Disease Mongering Campaigns ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by margo60, Aug 11, 2008.

1. margo60

margo60 New Member

I get regular updates from via Mike Adams
    The Health Ranger Editor,

I like the website and much of the information it contains ...

However this article about Fibromyalgia really outraged me !!! It did a great dis-service to all the people who would love to live their normal productive lives rather than being ravaged by pain.!!!!

"Many doctors warn that a fibromyalgia diagnosis actually increases a patient's suffering, because it encourages them to focus on minor symptoms that they would have ignored before "

I really don't care what they call this condition Fibromyalgia or TrashBucket syndrome, it makes no difference.

What matters is that it is real !!! and we are dealing with it 24/7.

Here is the article ... please read ... Arggggh !
    Avery time I think we are getting somewhere in the main stream, something like this comes up.

Ok, I better calm dawn it is not good for me :)

Hugs to all...

2. simonedb

simonedb Member

read "osler's web" the documented bio of the outbreak of cfids in u.s. in 80's-----back then the CDC basically falsified data from the incline village outbreak and helped start a campaign in the media saying it was "yuppie flu" and that dr cheney and dr peterson were putting the idea of sickness in the patients heads and encouraging psychological problems etc
    While at the same time other credible researchers from reputable U's and organizations found a lot of hard data and proof of new virus a lot like aids etc but probably the CDC and insurance companies wanted to discredit it because it was and apparently is an epidemic.....who wants to explain and pay for that?

so they are using the same tactics in 2008.
  3. providerwatcher

providerwatcher New Member

"because it encourages them to focus on minor symptoms".

Yes, they are MINOR when they are happening to someone else.
  4. bellydonna

bellydonna New Member

Here is the comment I posted to

I suggest that you write more articles re: fibromyalgia but that they be thoroughly researched and up-to-date.

I found your article re: Fibromyalgia to be poorly written, with unsubstantiated claims. For instance, the claim that" a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia increases suffering because people then focus on minor pains that they would have previously ignored" is silly. If there is empirical evidence to support this claim, please supply it. Otherwise, such statements do a disservice to readers who seek help with this problem.

Here are some leads:
    Book ; "From Fatigued to Fantastic" by Dr. Teitelbaum

CDC website:

IMHO, the article that you recently published is approximately 10 years behind the times.

While Pfizer's drug may/may not be the answer, fibromyalgia is a real and treatable problem.

(my real name)"

5. margo60

margo60 New Member

donna ... thank you so much for putting your thoughts in words and send it to them.

I wanted to do that so much but had such hard time to put words in good order ... had a bad week :(

When I can make more sense I most definitely send him my thoughts.

Thank you for doing that.

Hugs to you and everyone