Fibromyalgia tool

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleF, Aug 21, 2002.

1. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

The National Fibromyalgia Association (NFA) has a picture of the former Miss PA 2001 with the big words "But You Don't Look Sick" on it's glossy cover. I have not yet bought the magazine, but sounds as if it might be a good thing to take to my dr's (pcp) office. This may be a good tool to educate not only ourselves, but drs and other people. They say it's the only magazine dedicated to fms. ???

This is what the fmaware.org says about its magazine:
    Fibromyalgia brings with it the necessity for significant lifestyle changes. Fibromyalgia AWARE helps ease the transition from the old way of life to a productive new lifestyle with practical suggestions and inspirational stories emphasizing a positive balance of mind, body and spirit. We encourage readers to focus on what they can do, rather than what they cannot.

Fibromyalgia AWARE provides accurate, up-to-date information from top healthcare professionals, enabling patients to evaluate the various treatment options to take control of their own health management.

Fibromyalgia AWARE keeps its readers informed about the newest avenues of medical thought, clinical trial outcomes and the most current research findings. Knowledge is empowering. Empowerment fans the flames of hope and perseverance.

As I saw no mention of selling products and as our sponser does not have a magazine (but wouldn't that be great in addition to the newsletters!), I hoped this was ok to share with my fellow newbies. In no way do I feel this detracts from the fantastic info found on this site.

Best wishes to all to have a great day. Michele

2. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

The National Fibromyalgia Association (NFA) has a picture of the former Miss PA 2001 with the big words "But You Don't Look Sick" on it's glossy cover. I have not yet bought the magazine, but sounds as if it might be a good thing to take to my dr's (pcp) office. This may be a good tool to educate not only ourselves, but drs and other people. They say it's the only magazine dedicated to fms. ???

This is what the fmaware.org says about its magazine:
    Fibromyalgia brings with it the necessity for significant lifestyle changes. Fibromyalgia AWARE helps ease the transition from the old way of life to a productive new lifestyle with practical suggestions and inspirational stories emphasizing a positive balance of mind, body and spirit. We encourage readers to focus on what they can do, rather than what they cannot.

Fibromyalgia AWARE provides accurate, up-to-date information from top healthcare professionals, enabling patients to evaluate the various treatment options to take control of their own health management.

Fibromyalgia AWARE keeps its readers informed about the newest avenues of medical thought, clinical trial outcomes and the most current research findings. Knowledge is empowering. Empowerment fans the flames of hope and perseverance.

As I saw no mention of selling products and as our sponser does not have a magazine (but wouldn't that be great in addition to the newsletters!), I hoped this was ok to share with my fellow newbies. In no way do I feel this detracts from the fantastic info found on this site.

Best wishes to all to have a great day. Michele

3. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Of course this site has a magazine!
    I have mentioned it many times.
    This site does have a quarterly magazine/newsletter.

Jackie F
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

didn't know about the magazine. Thank you for the compassionate correction...I feel much better now. If you want to pull that post, I understand.

Michele