fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmblknit, Jun 5, 2006.

1. jmblknit

jmblknit New Member

i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10/05. i am sure i have had it longer as i have had these symptoms several years ago. the pain has pretty much subsided. there are days that i dont have to take anything for that. the thing is i have this terrible tiredness.no matter what i do it hits me about 2-3 pm every day.anyone have any suggestions. thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I have to nap everyday...but I get tired usually about 2-3 hours after I get up in the morning.

I would say, listen to your body, or when you feel tired, do something like walk, clean something, etc... just to bypass the fatigue.

Hope that helps!

Dawn
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I think the fatigue is also my worst enemy/symptom. I try and exercise but somedays are much harder then others. Work full time and don't have the oppurtunity to take a nap, which I do believe would help me alot. I feel exhausted by two oclock in the afternoon. I have to work so I have no choice but to work through it. I do have weds off now so going to a four day week has made a difference. I hurt more in the winter months so I am happier in the summer months when it is warmer. Sorry no suggestions but Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

Know I misspelled those meds. For years I took one or the other for sleep. There were days I would fall asleep over my computer or be in the middle of a conversation with someone and realize I hadn't heard their question. Once I stopped those, I wasn't quite as tired. Have had this for 15 years, but since retiring, I can nap if I want to, but rarely do.

Good luck, I know what it's like trying to work with this DD.

Janieb
  5. jmblknit

jmblknit New Member

i take trazadone and xanax. i tried to stop the xanax but that didnt work.some days i wonder if it would be better if i didnt take anything. i have been reading about fibro centers but of course they dont have any in vermont.

thanks
  6. jmblknit

jmblknit New Member

thank you for your input. i have never been so tired