Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Member

Member New Member

I am new to this website/message board and glad I found it. Can anyone tell me whether or not weather changes, climate changes, seasonal changes have any impact on fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue symptoms? My husband and I recently returned from Santa Fe. NM and I felt wonderful - no symptoms, no attacks. Back in Illinois, I have multiple attacks again. Thank you.. P
  2. Member

Member New Member

I am new to this website/message board and glad I found it. Can anyone tell me whether or not weather changes, climate changes, seasonal changes have any impact on fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue symptoms? My husband and I recently returned from Santa Fe. NM and I felt wonderful - no symptoms, no attacks. Back in Illinois, I have multiple attacks again. Thank you.. P
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

wish i were there!! yes, weather changes ALWAYS, especially colder and rainy, make me hurt more. i KNOW it is not in my head. my body has ached terrible this week because of the rain and damp, no relief.

i'm ready to pack my bags to New Mexico. i have been using a hot rice sock all day and should go take a hot bath.

warm regards, fibolady
  4. Member

Member New Member

Thank you so much for your quick reply and welcoming me to some new best friends. Pat
  5. Member

Member New Member

Looks like I've found some great new friends.
  6. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

That trip sounded wonderful. I also agree with the others, cold and damp/rainy make me feel even worse. (Bad enough in good weather, lol.) I live in the Pacific NW and we get plenty of those dark, gray & rainy winter days. My Doctor keeps telling me to get a hot tub. $$$$$'s......maybe in a year or two.........I swear I can feel a storm coming or a change in the weather. I used to think that people who said that were pretty crazy until I experienced it myself.
  7. Member

Member New Member

Anyway - thanks very much for your kind reply. We had a wonderful time. Some time ago I heard that San Diego was the very "best" climate for aches, pains, long before anyone really knew about fms. So I find it interesting that you felt better too in NM. Let's chat again. P
  8. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Hello Pat,
    Glad you've joined us here on the board. We support
    each other in ways you would'nt believe.

Now, about the weather. Here are the things that make me
    feel like crap.

The rain that follows a cold front is usually the worst for me.
    Next, would have to be humidity. Living in the south (AL)
    the humidity is always high.

My best days are sunny days with low humidity. Not many.

Oh Yeah, I along with some others, believe a FULL MOON
    can make you flare. By the way our next FULL MOON is
    October 21 (Monday) I really just use that as an excuse
    sometimes.

It would be interestin to see what causes others to go
    into Flare.

As you know, STRESS in the #1 cause in most of us.
    Good or Bad stress!

Well, I hope you get many more welcomes. I'm gonna follow
    your post to see what others have to say.

Warm Fibro-Hugs Pat
    LadyDi

9. Member

Member New Member

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions about the affects of weather changes. I greatly appreciate
    making new friends by sharing and caring.

PS - think I might try to a new a new name :)
  10. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

the very first question she always asks me is, "Did this start when the weather changed?" Maybe she's doing some new research study! LOL The full moon thing seems to hold water for me. I always feel worse then.