Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terril1210, Apr 7, 2003.

1. terril1210

terril1210 New Member

Hello. I am a 43 yr. old female and have had fm for about 10 yrs. Or at least that's what the dr. has told me. Thing is he also told me that it doesn't get worse, but whatever is going on with me is. I am to the point now (and have been for the past yr. and a half) where I can no longer work a 40 hr. week. Heck, I'm doing good to run the sweeper and do a load of laundry the same day. Anyhow, I'm from the northern panhandle of West Virginia and finding a doctor knowledgable in this area is a joke. I am on Vicodin, Flexeril, and Prozaac through my GP. Since there are no doctors well versed on fm in my area, I am turning to this message board to see what I can learn on my own. Maybe I can help him heal me through your help. Thanks so much and God Bless! Terri
  2. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I am a 65 year Granny from Australia. Can't help you much as I am still learning myself. Know now I have had this DD for quite a few years. I had intended to work until the end of this year but had to give up just on 2 years ago. Just posted about being frustrated again after a setback. Anyway welcome to the board. You will find a wealth of information from those who are far more knowledgable than me and also those who like to do research. You will also recieve a lot of love and support. Love Ozgran.
  3. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

I am Valley and I live in south central PA. It never hurts to educate yourself. I have had constant acheness in head so I looked around and found info on neurontin. I suggested this to my doc and it seems to be helping me. I am lucky that he is half way open minded, I'm hoping I can get the other half open in time.

I do work almost 40 hrs a week and I know what you mean about not being able to do much in one day. I am lucky that my hubby and kids are very supportive. Hubby cleans & cooks if I need a break and kids are good about doing thier share. They are 16 and 14. My son(14)is grounded right now and eager to do in chore that will get him 1/2 hr puter or video time!

I have tried many different support groups and have recently found that I like this one best. I don't feel ignored here as I have on other sites. Best of luck, Valley.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you are getting worse. You doc obviously doesn't know much about this. The good news is that you have come to the right place. All my treatments are treatments I learned about here and took to my doc. My FMS is sooooo much better than it was two years ago when I could barely get out of bed. Unfortunately, I also have CFIDS and am working on getting the upper hand with it.

Love, Mikie