fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nellie1953, Aug 5, 2003.

1. nellie1953

nellie1953 New Member

Does anyone suffer from severe rib and breast bone pain with this illness if so what are you doing to get some relief I would be grateful for any suggestions thanks
  2. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi Nellie,
    I experience pain in the chest and brest area. It sometime feels like your having a heart attack (very scary). I also get sharp pain in my left breast, but I think it's all the same area as the pain in my left chest. Unfortunatly this is part of FM. I use tiger balm to help with the pain. I have also used Emu Oil, that helps too. I have a book that shows all the trigger point areas, but I haven't try the one for the chest because I have been working on my neck and shoulders (chest is next on the list). I really suggest the book " Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome A survival Maual" by Devin Starlanyl, MD and Mary Ellen Copeland.
    I shows all the trigger point areas plus so much more. This is my Fibro bible!

Hope this helps,
    Rachel
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Type in costo-chondritis in message search.You will learn much about it.A lot of us with fibro suffer from it.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  4. nellie1953

nellie1953 New Member

Thanks for replying to me. It sounds as if I have got the exact symptons as you e.g. the rib cage pain breast pain and in general pain all over. I have been with this condition for 12 years now and nothing doctor gives me seems to help much at all. I use a lot of deep heat cream which stinks to high heaven but sometimes it takes the edge of pain a little bit for a short time . Hope you feel a bit bettet love nell