fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huckoberryo, Sep 24, 2003.

1. huckoberryo

huckoberryo New Member

i go trough a lot after a dential app. what should my dentists know about fibromyalgia & myofascial pain
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world! I can't help with your question, but I am sure someone here can.

You might want to change your 'title' to , 'FM and Dental Problems'.

If necessary, keep you post 'bumped' up, the board is moving very fast today and you will be on the second page.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi, I am very honest with my dentist about my fibro. Here are a couple of things that help me.

He lowers the dental chair back slowly so my muscles don't get jerked. He is extremely gentle with my neck and shoulders. I get as much novocaine as I want, and more. He has nice, dark sunglasses for my sensitive eyes. He also has this great little wedge made of hard rubber that he uses to prop my mouth open so I don't have to hold it open and tire my jaw. I'm not able to hold my mouth open very long at all so this gadget has been a real godsend.

You need a dentist that will make an effort to understand how very sensitive we are to pain and pressure. I guess one who would prescribe adequate pain meds for after procedures would be helpful too. I haven't needed any med (not yet anyway) but I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate if I needed it.

Good wishes,
    Michelle
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I had a dentist that almost killed me!!!!She couldn't numb a tooth and kept injecting into the same spot. I went into tremors at home and my heart was racing. If I would've had an unhealthy heart, I'd be dead. she then said I created my own panic attack!When I went to my doctor he was upset that she would be that stupid. I now have a wonderful dentist that listens to me. So, be careful. I am sensitive to epinephrine. She was injecting it right into the vein I was told.