Fibromyalia and Bells Palsy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vanrenstr, Jun 17, 2009.

1. vanrenstr

vanrenstr New Member

Does anyone know if there is any eveidence that suggest that Fibromyalgia has any connection with Bells Palsy? I have had FMS for many years, but for the last two years i have suffered with reocurring bouts of Bells Palsy or facial paralysis on the right side of my face. I have gone through and am still going through many tests and there seems to be no answer for what is causing the facial paralysis or how to get rid of it. I have had headaches with each on set of the facial paralysis buy nothing has shownup on MRI's but some inflamations around a nerve. i have been on numerous rounds of steriods and this has not helped. If anyone has some insite please let me know.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Bell's palsy can be a symptom of chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Fibromyalgia syndromes can be caused by happened to me and alot of other people.

You can post for me on the lyme board if I can help you.

Steroids are the worst thing for lyme patients.

Here's some of the best info from a lyme expert....

The symptom list is on pages 9-11.

Consider getting a western blot IgG and IgM from Igenex lab in CA...

It is test #188 and #189....cost $200. They accept medicare.

It should be done when you have been off of steroids for at least 2 weeks.

Many people think that lyme has been properly ruled out because their Dr did a "lyme test".

Lyme is actually never ruled out by just a lab test is a clinical diagnosis.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2009]
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

There is a HUGE connection between Lyme infections and Bell's Palsy. Anyone with any kind of facial palsy should see a Lyme literate MD. To learn more read the book:

Like me, the author PJ Langhoff also had facial palsy episodes connected to untreated Lyme and coinfections.