Fibromylagia and Nerve Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nancy2189, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Nancy2189

Nancy2189 New Member

In reading some of these posts, I would like to tell everyone that Lyrica IS out as of 9/21/05. Also, I wish all of you who have the burning feet would go to a good Podiatrist and ask for x-rays of your feet and ask if you could have Morton's Neuroma. This is damage to nerves. It burns much more than fibro. I know I have both and am getting help finally. 75mg of Lyrica twice a day for only a few days is already helping me. Nerve pain really hurts. I wish you all healthy days ahead. So few people understand what we go through.
    Take care, Nancy
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am glad to know Lyrica is out as I am going to the doc on Thursday. I don't have burning feet like you, but they are certainly sore and achey at times...in the early AM...etc. I may ask him about it.

I'm so glad it is helping! You have been in pain for quite some time and I'm so glad there is something to help. It is wonderful to hear good news once in a while.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. Nancy2189

Nancy2189 New Member

Thank you very much. Good Luck on Thursday. By the way, I have learned that nerve pain doesn't always have to be what we expect pain to feel like; sometimes there is terrible soreness, numbness, sharp pin stabs, etc. Hoping for good news for you.
    Nancy
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Nancy,

I am happy to know Lyrica is out and it's helping you. I think I have diabetic neruopathy in both my feet. I'm going to the doc next month.

Take care of yourself,

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. goldenrod

goldenrod New Member

had the same problem, it was aweful and the only thing that worked for me was elevil.
    Mark