Fibrotears: Still Alive and kicking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Hi!!

Thanks for caring!

I'm still alive and kicking. I just started studying teaching so I'm very busy at the moment.

What my pain concerns: I get intra venous injections of Tramal and intra muscular injection of Ativan. Seems this combination works very good. My pain was and is so bad this week that I had these injections every day now.

My new, very friendly and understanding GP, is trying to get me an appointment at the UCT pain clinic but it is very hard to get in there because they have so many patients.

Thank you for caring about me and for missing me!

I hope I can keep you up to date in between my studies!!

Warm and loving hugs!!!
    Fibrotears
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Glad to hear you are ok, I hope you get into that pain clinic! Are you still using the heel products?
    Do you maybe know of a pain clinic in Gauteng?
    I went to the Headache clinic in Rosebank years ago, what a rip-off! They give everyone who goes there a plate to wear in their mouth and charge you thousands for the "tests".

I'm glad that you found a good combination, it makes a world of difference if you get some pain relief.
    We are planning a trip to the beautiful cape soon, my cousin lives in Somerset-West so we always have free accommodation :)
    Keep us up to date with your progress!

Phoebe
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I asked about you not long ago. How did the treatment go for Rickettsia? I was curious to see how that turned out for you. Although since you are in so much pain right now I am guessing it didn't go very well.

Love to hear more about it. Glad you are still alive and kicking :)

Take Care!
    Pam
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

with your studies! School is challenging, even to normals! Hang in there, girl!
    Terri
  5. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Hi!

My rickettsia treatment is going ok. I'm not so tired all the time anymore and the antibiotics raised my very low iron levels to normal and some sort of serum in my liver was also low and that is also normal now.

But this treatment can take up to 2 years to work completely. It is different in everyone.

I'm going on my sixth months treatment the 17 of this month.

Futher more I really still struggle with my rectal and vaginal pain and spasms.

Phoebe I will really keep you posted on the UCT pain clinic but my dr was trying ALL week to get hold of them, that's how busy they are. I can only pray that I get an appointment ASAP!!! And that they can really truly help me and that it isn't another group of doctors promising they can alleviate my pain and in the end they can't.

So PLEASE PRAY that this is the REAL DEAL and that these doctors can really, really help me!!

My classes starts formally and Monday. I know that I can do this!! Studying teaching comparing to BSc is peanuts!!! I'm sure there will be hard times but not as hard and challencing as BSc.

The one obstacle coming is the fact that I will get an appointment in the morning at the UCT clinic and then I'm going to miss some classes. Something I really didn't want to happen. The lecturers marks you abscent or present and this mark counts 10% of your year mark! Scary!! Don't know what is going to happen.....

Thank you for each and every one that care so much for me!!! I really love you guys!!

Hugs!!
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

We know how busy you are so thank you for keeping us up to date. I didn't realize that the rickettsia treatment could take up to 2 years. It sounds like it is helping you though so lets hope it will eventually put you in remission.

Can you talk to your professors about your illness and the UCT clinic? Maybe if they know why you are missing class they won't mark down your grade for it. That would be such a shame for you to be deducted for trying to get help.

Wishing you good luck at the pain clinic and with your classes!

Take Care,
    Pam
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its good to see you back! I`m glad to see your doing pretty well. Good luck in your studies.

Sandyz