fight4acure....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doloresf1, Apr 28, 2008.

1. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Just wondering how you are doing. Did you go to PT today? Are you feeling any better?

I had a busy weekend. Friday evening I got to go to the gym and watch 3 of my grandkids work out. One of them is a gymnist, they all take gymnastics. Then Saturday evening I took 2 of them shopping. I had a really good weekend physically.

Also, I hired cleaning help to come in every other week and do my heavy cleaning. I just cannot do it any longer. The girl who will clean is a young mother (has a 10 month old son), and she has really good references. She starts working for me on May 9th.

I'm tired today. It's rainy but not cold, thankfully. How are things for you?

HUGS,

Dolores
  2. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I'm happy it's going somewhat better for you, also you got your laundry done! Two things to celebrate!

You sound guardedly optomistic about your PT. Hang in there with it. Okay? Any improvement is a step forward.

I believe your PT is thinking about asking your doctor for a new script for more therapy appointments. It's been my experience that when you have a follow-up appointment with your doctor, that's when they ask for a new order from the doctor for more sessions.

Fight, do you have more appointments available on the grant? Or is that limited? Maybe the doctor can request more coverage on the grant. It will work out. Your task is to do your therapy the very best you can. And you're doing that!

Avoid that PT who causes you such "grief". She hasn't been good for you. I'm sure she realizes there is conflict between the two of you. So, just avoid her.

Yes, many of us have a PH.D. in the school of suffering with fibro. We've earned respect for all we learned about our disease and how to manage it. We know our bodies better than anyone else, and we know what we need.

Keep on keeping on, Fight4acure. What are you writing these days?

Hugs

dolores
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

An alien or a kitten! LOL! That's too funny.

I didn't know you are a musician. Good for you, composing a song is a big deal. Do you have your own piano to practice? And teaching children to play piano is an admirable profession.

Yeah, you need a job. I wish you luck in finding what you want.

They are moving you forward in your PT. Stretches and then 8 minutes on the exercise bike. That's encouraging. I'm glad you can get more sessions on the grant. My PT always tells me with fibromyalgia it takes longer. You'll come around.

We had a huge change in the weather the past couple of days. It got cold again and frost warnings at night. And I am in such a flare!!

I had an appointment today for my annual eye exam at the eye doctors, but I had to cancel. I've been in bed nearly all day. I am in misery (pain level 9) and just want to sleep and sleep. When I get into a flare like this I feel like I'm dying. But, I know it's just the nature of the beast:)

I'm making no plans for the weekend. If I'm better by then, I will go the craft shop to buy some yarn. I got a knitting loom and I'm eager to start a project on it, but, I really just want to sleep and sleep.

Oh, I broke a tooth! ----! I was eating a piece of chocolate that I had in the fridge and when I bit into it my tooth broke. So, I must make a dental appointment. I don't know when I'll make it since I'm feeling this bad. It's going to have to wait until I'm better.

I don't mean to sound so "down". Tonight is AI, and we are all eager to see what's happening, especially with Paula's blunder.

I need another piece of chocolate, so if you'll excuse me...

Oh, by the way, I'm on Lyrica also. The weight gain is discouraging, but aside from that it's the best thing I've taken for my fibro. You're sooo young though. I wish you didn't have to deal with all this.

Talk to you later.

hugs,

dolores
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

You Go, Girl!! You have many wonderful goals to work toward. Take your time, and don't lose your focus.

I'll try some of your stretches. I haven't seen them yet. I imagine you posted them on the fibro board. I'll look for them.

I want to tell you the reason I asked a few letters back what you are writing these days. I didn't realize how busy you are, and maybe I shouldn't say this now. BUT, did you see on the fibro board about how you would explain this DD to others? It's at the top of the board and one of the moderators posted it. Well, I can see you writing for that thread how you would explain this DD. What do you think?

I'm off to a hot shower.

hugs,

dolores