fighting w/ food

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyzee, Jul 18, 2003.

1. babyzee

babyzee New Member

I'm new here. No CFS, but I'm constantly battling depression, anemia, candida, and all that goes with it.

I'm curious - I haven't read any of these messages but how much luck has anyone had with food as medicine? What foods help you feel better? Which ones do you avoid?

I've had a lot of luck combatting anemia with vegetable juice (using a juicer, NOT a blender or squeezer thingy). Any comments?
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

the closest i get to using food for medicine? maybe in the winter, comfort foods, like a big bowl of mashed potatoes w/lot's o butter. i love to eat...one of my favorite pasttimes....my favorite food is mexican. and give me a chile relleno anyday and i forget about all the pain i'm in!!!

alice
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2003]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Babyzee, I am one person that has fought food for years. I have IBS and my stomach will tolerate just a few foods without causing a lot of problems for me.

I do know if you stop eating all white flours, breads, pasta, white rice, anything that is made from white flour. You need to read labels, no junk food, fast food, additives, preservatives, MSG, white sugar, etc.

It is a great help with most illnesses.

Free range chicken, turkey, fresh farm furtile eggs, meats that the cattle are only fed natural feeds, are all good for you. Veggies that are grown without pesticides.

If you could find an organic Farmers Market in your area, that would be your best bet for natural foods. They have many Co-ops out there that you can join.

If you are interested, we do have a board for Depression Support and a Candida Support board on this site also.

Just go to the link at the top of this page where it says; 'Message Boards', it will bring you to an index of all available resorces we have here. You may get some good information on them also.

Again, welcome to the site and I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl

4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Welcome to the board.

You have the right idea with juicing veggies, do you do the same with fruits?

I think the best foods are fresh Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Lemon, Green tea, Coconut/Flaxseed Oils, Sea Salt etc...

These are antiviral/bacterial and antidioxants with enzymes.

Some of the best knock out stuff you can add daily to your diet, which has definately contributed to both my and my daughters better health.

Probiotics & Bio yoghurt are good for replacing good Flora.

Love Pat.
  5. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

I've found that sugar, caffiene, and hydrogenated fats (like margarine or whats used in cookies for example) definitely make my pain worse, so I stay away as much as possible from them. I find that raw foods really help. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies throughout the day. And I eat raw cashews or almonds to get extra protein. I hope this helps!