filing for disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolfenn43, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

I have fibro. for 4 yrs. Ive been working full time and currently 32 hours wkly now. I feel Ive been ready to not work for a yr. Ive pushed myself so hard I feel like im almost over the edge with pain and keeping up, tring to keep up with my family.
    I have no idea where to start or what to do? Can you be working and sign up for disability? Or do you have to be off work for a period of time b-4 you can apply?
    Could I please get some answers or some advise on your experiences. Im 45 yrs old.
    Thank you all for this site
    Dolfenn43
    [This Message was Edited on 02/19/2006]
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know the answer to your question. I would call the Soc. Sec. office and ask them.

However, I have always heard that you have to be off work for either 6 months or 1 year -- if you are still working, they will deny you because that means you are "able" to work.

The only way to know for sure is to call them!

Good luck when you apply!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

don't wait around...i learned from experience...the ssa office asked me why i waited so long to apply...i siad because when i called someone said i needed to wait one year before i apply...he said...no...

i won a closed case ssdi back in 7/04...re-filed 10/04..and won on the first time of initial claim...

so file as soon as you are able, call your local ssa office and tell them you want to file claim...call around for attorney's office, free advice,,,,for now...they can anwer your questions

jodie
  4. Candlewick

Candlewick New Member

Hello: If you have a psychiatrist and had a neuro psych eval, showing depression, etc, that is truly what you are approved on rather than fibro. I won by myself the first time, did not go to any of their Drs. THEY ARE PAID TO DENY YOU- I WORKED IN RN Nursecasemanger DISABITY MANAGEMENT SO I KNOW. IF YOU HAVE RHEUMATOLOGIST AND PRIMARY CARE ALL AGREEING YOU CANNOT DO FULL TIME WORK - PRESENT COPIES OF THESE PAPERS WITH A letter TO SSI or SSDI and explain you do not need to be seen BY THEIR DR., AS YOU HAVE VERY WELL COMPETENT DRS WHO HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED THAT YOU CANNOT RETURN TO FULLTIME WORK THAT IS SUBSTANTIAL GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT.

I HAVE HELPED MANY PEOPLE TO GET SSI OR SSDI ON THE FIRST ROUND, BUT IT TOOK HAVING AN ATTORNEY'S NAME ON YOUR FILE,
    AND A person ( like myself) WHO KNOWS THE LINGO TO HELP FILL OUT THE INITIAL PAPER WORK. In addition TO WIN FIRST TIME YOU NEED A NEURO PSYCH TEST DONE, AND PREFERABLE DIAGNOSED WITH SEVERE DEPRESSIONN OR ANXIETY BY A PSYCHIATIST. HOPE THIS HELPS!

[ advertisement ]