Filing for Social Security Disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Dec 7, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hello all, just got notified that my workmens' comp. permananet disability has reached its maximum amount. So that means that I will no longer receive $800.00/month. I now have to wait until I go to court to get whatever award I will get from my former employer. Soooo, my question, is what is the quickest and best way for me to apply for SSDI. I am going to assume that I can apply, and hopefully have a chance at getting some type of compensation from Social Security. Whatever advise you all have would be appreciated. Thanks Much, Blessings, Phyllis
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

The best thing for you to do immediately is to make an
    appt. with your local Soc. Sec. Office and relate your
    situation to a SS Worker. They can tell you if you are
    eligible to file a claim. I assume you would be as any
    litigation over a claim with former employeer may well
    go on for a long while. There are likewise booklets avail-
    able at the SS office for the taking.

See: www.ssa.gov (It will lead you to SS sources)
    Also www.disabilitysecrets.com

You may wish to Post this on the Chit-Chat Board also
    for additional exposure. There are many knowledgable
    people that can provide valuable info to you here.

Best wishes,
    MRDAD aka Joe
    P.S. Phyllis, if you check my Bio. you will see that
    you and I have crossed Paths over the years! Even
    got my B.A. in '71 from Sonoma State. 800 students then!

[This Message was Edited on 12/07/2006]
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks my Friends!

MRDAD
  4. turtlesyndrome

turtlesyndrome New Member

SSI and SSDI

I applied for disability in Jan. 2005 and I was approved in August 2005. I Live in california and I receive SSI and SSDI. There is an online application for SSDI.

I submitted a daily journal that I kept for 30 days detailing my symptoms. I also was evaluated by both a state appointed doctor and pyscologist, which I think helped my claim. I also submitted a detailed list of my immediate symptoms and limitaions listed below.

There is an organization if you need an attorney called the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives you can reach them at nosscr.org They're a non-profit/non-commercial organization.

Limitations from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:

SYMPTOMS:

-Overwhelming fatigue, exhaustion, weakness, persistent flu-like symptoms and postexertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.
    - Persistent intractable muscle and joint pain
    - Headaches of a new severity
    - Unrefreshing sleep
    - Sore throat
    - Impaired short term memory and concentration
    - Visual impairments such as focusing
    - Lightheaded and increased fatigue from prolonged standing
    - Dizziness and vertigo
    - Nausea, bloating, indigestion, loss of appetite
    - Confusion
    - Anxiety, and episodes of sadness/ depression.
    - Decreased libido

UNABLE TO:

- stand or sit upright for more than a few minutes on relatively bad days.

- perform activities with a schedule, maintain regular attendance, and sustain an ordinary routine.

- complete a normal workday and workweek without interruption by symptoms and perform at a consistent pace without an unreasonable number and length of rest periods.

- stand, sit upright, and or concentrate for more than three to four hours on relatively good days. (I have had an average of about 10-12 good days per month for the last 12 months)

- walk consecutively for more than 15-20 min. on good days

- walk consecutively for more than a few min. on bad days.

- drive far distances such as 50 miles or more on good days.

- drive at all on bad days.

- lift and or carry heavy objects such as gallons of water or bags of groceries on bad days.

- see clearly for short moments from dizzy spells on both good and bad days.

- perform cognitive tasks, such as things involving simple and detailed verbal and or literary instructions on bad days and frequently on good days.

- focus and concentrate, limiting my ability to read for more than a half hour to an hour on a good day, and no more than a few min. on a bad day.

- maintain attention and concentrate for extended periods of time.

- to understand and remember simple and detailed instructions, work procedures, and conversations on bad days and frequently on good days.
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I would never have gotten it on my own.