Filing for SSD. Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bellegirl, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bellegirl

bellegirl New Member

I am doing a phone interview on Wednesday morning. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I am in so much pain I can hardly do anything. This has been going on for a year now. I have had to give up all my jobs and can barely do my own work at home. my husband is on disibility and now he has fallen again and broken his hip. They know I am unable to take care of him without help! HELP PLEASE
  2. misskittycat01

misskittycat01 New Member

Try to be as descriptive as possible.... when describing your pain and especially your day to day activities--- such as .. I can not make my beds because my arms pain and hurt when I reach out.. or if I stand at the stove or sink, I can not finish because..... ( how it applies to you) Good luck!!! if you are denied appeal as soon as possible. It took me two times - the very first time was denied, I appealed and it was denied.. I got a lawer and appealed it , went to appeals court and was granted 100% disability based on the Fibromyalgia... but a note... you can appeal with a lawer.. they will even help you ( the People at Social Security) with the appeal process,
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

This piece of advice that I got, and the best that helped me, was really lean hard on how this has effected you psychologically!!

Make sure you let them know how depressed you are, how this disease has totally changed your outlook on life, how it's taken away your job, your sense of who you are, your lifestyle, etc. If you can, get one or more psychologist/psychiatrists on board to document your conditions, too. That is a HUGE help with our ailments!!

Good luck, and know that most people do not get it on the first time around. Hopefully, you will get lucky!! PG
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

There are some excellent websites that gives information on applying for SSDI.

Check the following website....

disabilitysecrets.com