Finally, a diagnosis and a Dr with a clue!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aryiella, Jun 20, 2003.

1. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Today I finally saw a Dr who knows about CFS. When he read thru my history he said I am a "classic" case of it. I am so relieved that finally, someone believes me, and it is in my records, so that if eventually I have to file for disability I have a Dr to back me up. He is putting me on Nortriptyline (Pamelor) to start at 10 mg at night, then will slowly up it. It feels like it took me FOREVER just to get to this point.

Holly
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

So glad to hear you found a good doc & got a dx. I know I was beginning to think it was all in my head when it took so long to get a dx. I also have a great doc. That is so important for us. I have fms but have been showing signs lately of cfs. Wouldn't surprise me if I have that too, they seem to go together.

Again, glad to hear you got a definite dx.

Take care.......Kathi
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

I love hearing when people find a doc they like!! I'm happy for you. -Karen
  4. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

That is GREAT!! I am so happy for you....now be sure to let me know his name next time I see you on Yahoo so I can go see him too!

Sandy
  5. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Thanks for the shared joy :) Yes it is a relief....a professional doctor has finally has agreed w/me on what I have believed for the last 10 yrs almost. It would be nice if this drug he suggested actually does something for me without weight gain. I'm obsessive about my weight :(

Sandy, I'll catch u online sometime soon hopefully.

Holly