Finally, a doctor who understood

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gelicab, Mar 27, 2006.

1. gelicab

gelicab New Member

Hi everyone

Been a while since I have been on the message board but I wanted to share my good news and figured what better place then right here..amoung friends who understand

Basically I have been fighting with my docs about the meds and have been getting nothing but the normal "I'm sorry I cant give you that, or you need to exercise more, use alteranative meds instead of all of these pain meds" Then today I returned to the Rhemy that diagnosed me. He was incredibly sensative to my needs and he was so understanding, gave me the prescrips said to not worry about what those docs say some doctors dont understand it because we dont have a disease that will kill us.. so they just think they cant help and push us on.

I was so happy by the time I left his office, I told my wife I would have kissed the guy lol. It was just such a relief to finally and I do mean FINALLY hear that I'm not crazy and I am going to be ok!

GEL
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

Glad to hear that things worked out with the Rheumy! It is nice to have something go well for once! I have been away for a while. The midwestern lyme has been pretty hard on me and had an horrible back injury associated with passing out episode after taking med.

Suddenly lost my Mom in Nov.and my health is so much worse than the last time I saw you on. I am glad to see you back on and have thought of you often. So many long-time members have disappeared. Daneen
  3. gelicab

gelicab New Member

I understand the comment about old timers dissapearing.. I think we so often come here for support and on he days when we feel better we dont want to be reminded of the pain etc. so often we stay way.

Tonight I got EXCELLENT new.. I'm so excited I cant sleep.. I got an extra 1000.00 on my bonus paycheck for May.. I worked so hard for it and it paid off. :) I'm happy.. just not tired.. got to sleep but thats the problem with the happiness when its strong.. and I feel "descent" sleep is the last thing on my mind.

Talk to you soon
    GEL
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's truly wonderful to find a doctor who understands.linda
  5. neen85

neen85 New Member

How wonderful!! Yes excitement and a few extra $$$ is enough to keep a girl from getting to sleep! I am so happy for you,as I know how hard the extra effort must have been for you! I hope you will all do something special to celebrate your accomplishment!

I know you talked some to Glitterpott (Shelly) from the UK. I have no idea what happened to her. AFter the Chit Chat went away we talked on here for a while.....then she just disappeared.

I I having a horrible time with fibroids,but in the rural area I live in,can't find anyone who does HRT and knows much about fibroids and will also admit lyme exists.

Again,I am so happy to hear from you! Take care, Daneen
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Wow! Great doctor who listen's to you AND extra money!?

Can I rub your head for good luck!:)

Take care,

Claudia