finally back after a terrible storm ( long)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

On Thursday Oct 12 all of Fort Erie and Buffalo had a huge storm, we had trees fall on our house we had our basement flooded, we were without power for 5 days!! we still managed to stay in the house in the cold and dark but after 3 days like that I told my hubby that I needed a bath, food, and heat,

so he finally gave in and we got to stay in a motel room until the power came back on... it was soooooo scary Thursday, it was thundering and lighting out then severe winds and heavy rain then rain turned into snow and we still have leaves on the trees so with all the snow and ice on the leaves it made it very tough,

we stood outside and every 10-15 seconds you could hear a tree falling over or branches braking off and hitting houses and cars we got over 30 cm of snow, I think we lost power about 3:00 pm Thursday and what freaked me out the most was the weather..did you ever see that movie "The Day After Tomorrow"? that is what it looked liked, we had snow and thunder and lighting at the same time. Anyways and to let you all know I that I had my hearing for disability..of course I did not get a bench approval but my Lawyer said that it looks really good and I should get my decission from 30-60 days but the judge said probably withing 30 days...and once again the wait begins.

Love to all, Ann
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Ann:

Welcome back, I'm over near Rochester, have been following what is happening in the Buffalo area closely, glad to hear you are safe. They certainly have taken a llong time to get people back up and running.

I have friends in East Amhearst, I think they are still down...

Hopefully, you cab get back to normal.

Suz45
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry about the storm damage. Of course, we had lots of news about it but one never realizes the extent if one is not there. You did the smart thing, going to a motel. I hope it didn't set you back too much healthwise.

Good luck too, with the disability. It would have been nice to have it all settled but we'll hope for 30 days. I'll just keep good thoughts for you. Hang on to what your lawyer said.

In the meantime, be good to yourself. You have been through a real ordeal and you need to destress!

Kathy.
  4. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hi Ann

I live in Waterloo, only about 2 hours away from you and we had only light flurries. I was shocked at how much snow and crazy weather everyone got so close to us.

I'm glad you and your family are all safe and sound.
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my electric was out for 3 days my moms just came back on yesterday.isnt that funny the news in buffalo never even mentioned canada so i had no idea that anyone was effected.my house hold is still no normal my bed is in my dinning room so we could get some heat from the stove. hope you recover soon charlene