Finally diagnosed with Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Dec 16, 2002.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

I'm new to the boards and have just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It started 3 years ago in my leg and I was going to all these Dr.'s but I still couldn't walk . Gave up on the Dr.'s, 2 months later an MRI read that I had torn cartilidge so they just assumed that's where the pain was coming from. Broke my toes in July and decided to have the surgery on the knee. After the surgery things got worse, I developed bursitis and started PT. About 1/2 hour after PT I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. They thought it was a disc problem, MRI came back normal. Sent me to a neurologists , all 3 MRI's came back normal. He send me to the rheumotologist and BINGO, I've had fibro for 3 years!!!
    The really kicker is this, I had long term disability insurance with my employer and the secretary in the ortho's office was giving me a hard time so she sent in false information and they denied me, now I have to appeal this whole process. I just called SSI . I need help and advice from any/all that have been through this. I am starting to get very nervous because we need my income to survive, my short term disability is about to expire and it will take up to 4 months to hear from SSI.
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Welcome to our family. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I know there are people hear who can help.

Good luck and warm hugs,
    Laura
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

sorry to hear your stuck in this mess to good news is aleast now you know what you have,
    welcome to the board
    kara
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sorry you got a diagnosis of Fibro--but know the relief that comes from it. I can't help with the SSI----but did want to take the opportunity to welcome you to the board.
    Best wishes,
    Karen