finally did it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, May 30, 2009.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i finally bought a cane after falling 4 times in 2 days. should haVE ALONG TIME AGO MY EGO WOILDNT LET ME.. i havent posted in awhile bit i visit everyday.. hope everyone is doing what we call well when we feel a little better.

2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you did this! I broke down and ordered a wheel chair last week. It arrived day before yesterday and I haven't even sat in it yet. I need it now just to go to the doctor's office. I just can't stand long or walk well anymore. I am still not happy with the fact that I need it, but I'll be glad to have it on Tuesday when I have my next appn't.

It sure is hard to take these steps isn't it. I told my husband I feel like I've failed at something but I know it's not my fault that I'm sick. I guess it's just pride. I don't like feeling so helpless. Good luck with the cane. GB66
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Yesterday, I ordered a walker with a seat and bought a shower chair....also sent in the app for a disabled parking placard.....having a hard time dealing with it, too, but the way I am looking at it is that I don't need them all the time, but when I do need them, they will allow me to conserve energy, keep from falling, and actually be able to get out a bit more.....considering that I have been increasingly stuck at home bc of CFS/ME symptoms, I am trying to view these things as things that will enable me to have a little more of a life....and hey, so many of us get tired of the whole "you don't look sick" thing - this will at least take away some of that problem (although people who see me walking around fine one day and then not the next, etc might wonder!)

anyway, I am writing that to say that I understand, but maybe you can try to view the cane as something that will give you a little more of a life instead of a bad thing
  4. I used one last wk twice for the first time, it really helped and I felt more secure. Now my brother has RA bad and his insurance won't give him some of his meds and he hurts bad and can hardly walk. I offered him a cane I had but his wife said he can't use one! UNBELIEVABLE! I dont know if she's embarassed or what. she did n't say why, but he is going to fall down alot if he doesn't get one as his knees and feet are affected bad along with alot of other places! I say the H##L to her!