Finally: Fibromyalgia Medication Study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jun 7, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I decided to flip the channels yesterday and I settled on Montel. Well-during the show there was a commercial that said people with Fibromyalgia were needed for testing of an experimental medication.

I called the toll-free number and they set an interview by phone for me on Monday morning.

I do not know if they will qualify me with all of the other problems I have: hypertension, arthritis, thyroid, etc.
    But--I did make the call and am cautiously excited about it.

So-maybe you'll see this commercial and call. Keep an ear to the tv.

nyrofan
  2. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

That is great. I hope it is a new very promising treatment and that it helps us all out!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

blondie45:

I will post on Monday after the phone interview and will let you all know what they asked and what it's about, etc.
    I do not know if I will qualify, but it can not hurt to find out.

And if I do become involved in it I will report to you all exactly what they are doing.

nyrofan
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Cool, I'll try to remember to check back Monday and see what you found out. Have a good week-end!

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

tona:

You have a good weekend too. And a painless one (as much as possible). I think I am headed into a flare, but it is too soon yet to tell. It feels like it though.

nyrofan
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

That sounds GOOD!!
    Let us know how it went.

luv,
    CockatooMom
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wowe this is neat info can you keep us well posted on new thread?

Love Anne Cromwell
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

but is it ok to post the phone number? Did they say if it was an oral medication or another linament type rub on? I know they did one on that one that I think starts with an "O". I got a sample of it anyway and it has the same ingredients as the house brand rub on I get, and didn't work as well.

I can't remember which one but one of the organizations that support FM is pushing that rub. I asked them about it and they said they have to support their website and think it is a good product. It's NOT a BAD product I don't think but they had really played it up as being fantastic. It IS the first thing approved for FM by the FDA I think. It's also VERY expensive. JMHO
  9. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Since I would have to go off of all my meds, it wasn't a good idea for me. Maybe this one won't make you do that. Good Luck - keep us posted.