Finally found a REALLY comfortable shoe !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Jan 19, 2006.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I finally found a truly comfy shoe that looks really modern. They are Cole Haan by Nike Air. Most of the styles are really modern and are like a cross between a tennis shoe and a dress flat. The nike air heel is WONDERFUL. They were too expensive for me, but I found a pair on sale after Christmas. So if you've tried them and like them..THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY!
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

for the info. I am constantly looking for comfy shoes that dont look so freakin orthopedic. Its hard to go to shoe stores cuz i have so much trouble trying on the shoes. I will def look these up online thanks again
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Thanks for the info!! I have found New Balance are good for me for any type of exercise, but I need some really good shoes that I can wear for casual or even to work (professional dress).

Has anyone had any of the Earth shoes?? If so, what are your thougths?
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have difficulty bending over and tying a shoe, and also have arthritis in my feet. I have discovered Land's End shoes, froom their catalog. I just love them!

I wear the clogs. They have a wonderful foot bed, come in wonderful colors, and only cost around $24.00. Over the years I've gotten them in various colors. They are so comfortable that I don't even know I have shoes on. They also stay on even though all I have to do is slip my foot into them.

Great shoes!!

Terry
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I really like Cobbie Cuddlers - I get mine at K-mart, they are a little pricey for K-mart.. but very, very comfortable.

Sharon
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I recently was in a store called "The Walking Store", in a mall in south Orange County. They carry many different brands of good quality shoes designed for comfort, but look nice, too. Pricey, but they had a sale, and I found a pair I liked that were 25% off the clearance price!

You can find them on the internet I think. They have many store locations.

My philosophy is that life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes or clothing!

Peace,
    Beth.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Wonderful shoes that are very pricy but allow me be up and around without completely killing my back and hip. When I had to wear dressier shoes for my dad's service, I woke up at 2 AM hurting so bad, I wondered what I would do.

Asics have different qualities, and of course, I liked the highest priced. But, it has been well worth it to me to be able to lead as normal a life as possible.

Do you remember when you were younger, and you saw older ladies ( you know, those in their 50's!) wearing unstylish shoes and how you said you would never wear anything like that? My words come back to haunt me again. (-:

Blessing on all of you and all of your wonderful shoes! May thy take you to wonderful places.

Sue
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

Funny you should say that!

I had a gift certificate and bought a pair. They are WONDERFUL.

I like that they are slip ons and that I can wear them with slacks and sweat suits too

I LOVE THEM

As you said, they are VERY expensive, but since I had the gift certificate, I bought them
  9. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

That's my problem so I wear Birkenstocks year 'round. I did get a pair of Salomon walking/athletic shoes for a really good price online at Sierra Trading Co. and they're pretty comfortable. I live in Seattle so I wear them when it's just too wet for the Birkies!
    But I also have to be careful of ingrown toenails and I have neuropathy in my feet so even the Birkies aren't always comfortable.
    Has anyone had any luck with inserts? Or those gel things from Dr. Scholl's?

Char
  10. acheallover

acheallover New Member

JUST BOUGHT SOME WOLKY SHOES. CASUAL WEAR, WITH VELCRO STRAP. I HAVE BEEN WEARING SOFT-WALK AND THE NIKE AIR HEEL, ALL ARE VERY COMFORTABLE.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We wear flip flops all year round. I found that Rockport makes them. They cost about $50 but I have found them on sale for as little as $17 on closeout. I can wear them all day in complete comfort.

Love, Mikie
  12. matthewson

matthewson New Member

is a walking shoe by Propet. They look terrible now and I really need a new pair. I got them at DSW wharehouse, but other places carry them. Actually they were only $30.00 and they have the old velcro closings. Very easy to get on and off!

I will look into those shoes you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

Take care, Sally
  13. JLH

JLH New Member

I agree with Julia ... if you have wide feet, or any type of foot problem, SAS shoes are the best!

I have a pair of their walking shoes, which look like tennis shoes, and they are great. They are pricey - I think mine were around $105, but well worth it if you have wide feet and always have a problem finding shoes to fit.

I would like to be able to find a pair of slip on clogs that were wide enough for me. My feet swell all the time and I have a hard time wearing shoes when they are really swollen.

14. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I have several pairs of the Earth Shoes sandals and I am currently looking for some tennies or boots by them. I LOVE THEM!

Right now I am wearing Nike Air tennis shoes.
  15. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Thanks for the good feedback on Earth Shoes. I think I'll look into getting some for work (where I have to wear dressier shoes, but still walk a lot and need them to be comfortable).