Finally good news

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Per the Western Blott I DO NOT have Lyme,yeaahhhhhhhh.

But before I celebrate too soon, how many have tested neg but actually had Lyme. I will post this on the Lyme board too.

I don't know how many of you read my post last week about my Dr refusing to tell me my test results over the phone.

I was told I HAD to come in to get my results. What would most people with our DDs think, it must be bad if I HAVE to come in.

So today when she said everything was fine, I asked her why she could not have told me that when the results came in or last week when I showed up a week early for an appt.

That day the nurse said the Dr was out to lunch, duh, and the nurse did not know how to tell what the test results numbers meant.

I said I would leave but call me when the Dr comes back and let me know. If it was neg, then there was no reason to come back. If it was positive, I could have done some serious reseach. But NO I had to wait.

So anyway, I asked why and she said she alawys gave her results in person. I told her I have ALWAYS been given test results over the phone.

My GP called me HERSELF when I tested positive for hemochromotosis. I told her that. I told her I spent a week wondering is it good or is it bad.

She could have saved me a week of worry if she would have had told me everything was fine. Her comment "Hum, I hadn't thought of it that way" I told her from a patient's perspective she might consider it for her future patients.

I just could not let that go without voicing my opinion to her.

I am so glad the test was neg and as I mentioned in another post, I didn't think I did have lyme. Two months ago I would have thought maybe.

I was so sick the day I drove my dizzy self to the ER and nearly collasped walking from the parking lot to the entrance.

After over 600 bucks in co-pays from ER, stress test,new Drs, blood work, over and over I know no more about my
    sickness then I did 2 months ago.Amazing isn't it.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy because I have been feeling better than I was a month ago.

The changes, I got more rest, just let some things go. went on a 3 week abx treatment. Got a B-12 shot started taking a script for folic-acid B6 combo and stopped the Lipitor.

I can only pray this continues. I will probably spend a little less time here and the computer in general.

I really want to finish all the little projects that need completed before I have my dental surgery.

That way I can home to a clean and ORGANIZED house and heal without worrying what is not done. I am hoping it won't put me back in a flare but I want to be prepared while I am able to do it.

I can't tell you how much this board has helped me. Everyone has been so helpful, caring and educational.

I have made some freinds here and will continue to visit and communicate in the future. But the next 2 weeks, I just need to lock my laptop up,lol. This is so addictive for me.

Thanks for reading my small novel. I didn't intend it, just happened. I wish all of you the best- you all are the greatest - Thank you for all you do- Carla
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carla:

Have continued good healthcare

nyrofan
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so happy that you have tested negative for Lyme. I'll
    be doing the Igenex Test soon in Palo Alto as my Daugther
    has had it for years but thankfully is doing very well!!

Another point of interest was your reference to Hemochro-
    matosis. We may have discussed this previously, but I
    also have this disorder. When you have time, would you
    briefly relate your background with the disorder??

Thanks Carla, P.S.
    MRDAD " Don't have a way presently to share my
    art collection over the Computer" Maybe
    sometime soon I hope.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

good news, Carla.

Watch out for that MrDad. Pretty soon he'll be telling you he has etchings for you to come see.
  5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

You got good news and your worring and waiting is over..

Tami
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

Did you get charged for the office visit to be told you are okay?
    Sometimes I think it is a way to collect more $$.

Some does not charge and have it as part of the test.

Susan
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm happy you can now eliminate Lyme Disease from your list of worries.

How interesting that a doctor had never thought of something from a patient's perspective!!! Go figure...

I hope you continue to feel better...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all for your warm wishes

I do not know if they charged for my office call, but I'm sure I will get a bill. The only reason I had to go was for her to get the extra paid appt.

Rockgor- I will keep my eye on Mrdad, lol

Can you imagine a Dr that doesn't see anything from a patients perspective?

Thanks again- I'll be be around, just sporadically the next two weeks-Carla
  9. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

Glade to here you are fine and hope every thing stays that way. LOL