finally got to the DR today.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 7, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

what a nite the pain was so bad I could"t sleep.by morning I was a basket case.

Got up around 6:15 this morning and just started crying our son was getting ready for work he"s 21. he hugged me and said MOm I've got my cell phone on call me if you need me.my husband took a sick day and got me into th Dr, she said to keep doing what I was doing and try heat and advill for my pain and to use heat,

She also said to use over the counter Clartine. and Muxlix for phlegm. she knows I can"t take o/c cold meds , they make my heart skip beats.
    But anyhow when my son was hugging me it brought back all the old feelings that I have about this d.d.
    He was in 3rd grade when I first got sick I told him this morning I was so sorry I never got to be the Mother I really wanted to be for him.

I"ve tried so hard to do alot of things with him,I was 40 when I had him and already had raised 1 family.

I guess he understands because he still loves me even though I could"t play ball with him or ride bikes I wish he could have known me when I was young.
    I use to ride motocylces,snowmobiles.horses. and could dance all nite. I used to help bale hay and put in the barn.
    Wish I had movies of all this so I could show Him. my other kids remember this.

I use to have long auburn hair and brown eyes,and looked pretty good in a pair of jeans and cowboy boots. kinda the Gretchin Wilson type, Wow what memories. tell me yours. hugs sixtyslady
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

We all miss who we used to be but we got to hang on girl to what we got left.....

Hug,
    Tona
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so glad you got to the doctor. I have been thinking about you. I hope the things she suggested help you. When you are coughing, try splinting your chest with a pillow. That often eases things a bit.

I'm sure your son understands that you did your best.
    Take Care.
    Kathy.
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well I think m y cough might be better.but now I got the runs. hopee this is the end of this virus.

On a happpier note,my son and hubby took me in by chicago and bought me a teacup yorkie, I"ve been looking for one for a long time .I want to start raising them next year when my hubby retires ,

we used to raise schnaures,and just loved it.

So see I have to get better so I can take care of these babies. hugs sixtyslady