Finally had Easter yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I decided that since I missed Easter I would have it a week late.

I cleaned all morning on Saturday and that was a big mistake.

I got up around 7 on Sunday and was back in bed at 8:30. Got up at 11:30 and knew I couldn't go back to sleep or I wouldn't have dinner ready on time.

I took a shower and started some laundry, then started cleaning veggies and checking on how to cook a ham and scalloped potatoes at the same time. I couldn't figure out the times and temperatures, so I just decided to put them in at the same time and to bake the bread (frozen kind) after I took the ham and potatoes out of the oven.

I was exhausted and hurt everywhere by the time I got everything going. All I wanted to do was go to bed.

DH picked up MIL and brought her over around 4:30. DD and SIL and Mom got there just before 5. My SIL sliced the ham while DD helped put everything out on the counters.

By the time we had eaten I had had to get up and hook my hair up because I was so tired, weak, and sweating.

Praise God for my DD who got up and did the dishes and cleaned up for me. It was all I could do to sit and visit after dinner. Didn't even get up from the table, just stayed there to talk.

When everyone was gone, about 8:00, I just collapsed in my chair. I was so tired when I went to bed I couldn't sleep.

Now I'm at work and hurt so bad I can hardly sit up. I feel like I'm going to cry constantly, and of course already have a crisis to take care of. Hope the boss doesn't come in.

Looks like it's time for drugs and prayers.

I enjoyed dinner, just was so tired!

Thanks for listening!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

You've gone and worn yourself out! Just know that, wherever you are, there's someone over here that understands that. I didn't miss Easter, but Saturday was my anniversary. I stayed up late cleaning, Friday night, then really hit the rest of the house HARD on Saturday. (We had a sitter coming, and I wanted her not to be scared away!)

So we had a nice dinner out, but the last couple of days, the 'rent has come due', so to speak. Ouch and double ouch! Hang in there!
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I remember your rotten migraine last week and how disappointed you were. Even though you are tired and sore, it was probably good for you psychologically to do the dinner this weekend,

Rest and take care of yourself as much as you can for a few days. It's sounds like you have a supportive family.

Take Care,
    Kathy