Finally Had My Hearing Pattiholland

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Jul 10, 2008.

  1. emah

    emah Member

    Well I had my hearing yesterday. I was a nervous wreck and leaking eye were part of the show on my part.

    Before we went in, my atty asked me several questions. FM never once came up. I also gave her letters from friends who had witnessed my "deterioration"

    Then it was time for the hearing. I was fortunate to have a friendly judge. There was a vocational counselor, a psychologist, and a doctor who was there by phone because he had broken his foot. I was apprehensive about what the "neutral" doctor would say.

    My atty asked 99% of the questions and the other 1% were by the judge. Then the judge asked for his assessment of me after hearing my testimony. I was asked how my medical condition effected me, how long could I stand, sit, and walk. What was my typical day like, what meds was I taking (I also took all of my meds with me), asked about my sleeping,how my depression effected and more questions similar to that.
    The doctor then reported what he felt was wrong with me which was degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis. bulging disc in back and neck, never heard him mention FM (I was still a nervous wreck and cried in the hearing. He had all of my medical records but was unaware of my 5 aneurysms and previous brain surgery.

    I couldn't understand what the doctor said at the end though so he could've said something about FM but I didn't hear it.

    The psychologist and vocational counselor asked me no questions. Then it was over.

    My atty asked me if I heard what the doctor had said and I told her no. She said that he said I couldn't even work a sit down job and believes that is why the psychologist and vocational counselor asked me nothing.

    She said it would probably 2-4 months before I found out but felt the hearing went well.

    I went home and slept most of the rest of the day. It was very draining.

    Now I have to wait and see.

    Hope this helps someone but the fact still remains that I suffer with FM and they can pretend it doesn't exist if they want to but it is certainly, in my opinion stupid if they don't.

    HURTIN New Member

    Congrats and good luck
  3. pattyholland

    pattyholland New Member

    glad to hear from you.

    Your hearing seem to have been alot like mine.

    I did so much crying that it was hard to even talk.

    My fibro was brought up tho, I said that I would rather be working than have all of this pain.

    As with yours, my judge didnt ask the vocational man anything, so my lawyer said she thinks that meant the judge knows there is no work for me that I can do.

    I also have to wait up to 60 days..

    I was so drained yesterday also, still am. Sure hope I dont have to appeal this, but I would if I had to.

    keep me informed as I will you,

    Hope you feel better soon.

  4. BlueSky555

    BlueSky555 New Member

    Hi Patty,

    Good Luck on your win for Ssdi. I was just wondering why you have to wait 2-4 months for an answer. I have read here that many that had won, was told at the hearing if they won. I surely hope that was a "routine" comment and that you won't have to wait that long but I don't know much about a hearing so your lawyer is probably right.

    It sounds to me as if you won your case, especially if it was that quick.

    I'm hoping to read "I Won" by your name.....soon.

  5. emah

    emah Member

    I'm glad your hearing went favorable. I hope we both get good news. Wouldn't it be cool if we got the news on the same day!

    Good luck to us both.
  6. emah

    emah Member

    Thank you so much

[ advertisement ]