Finally have relief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laddman, Jun 22, 2006.

1. laddman

laddman New Member

I have had FM for 2 years. Local DR put me on cymabalta. I did not like the results. My wife has had problems since 1997. She has been to Peoria,IL, University of Chicago and Mayo Clinic. No one could find anything wrong with her.
    Well in March I made appointments for both of us @ Fibro and Fatigue Center in Detroit, MI. It cost me alot of money due to being out of network but we both got answers and are feeling alot better. My main problem is Lyme Disease, also, T3 thyroid, vitamin B12 deficiancy, low testrone level and other minor thing. Her main problem is Babeosis, also, T3 thyroid, vitamin B12 deficiancy. We both received IV's and B12 injections. We are now taking immunagloblin injections with antibotic treatment. Don't give up ther is relief if you get to the right DR.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

In regards to the Lyme disease, was it recently diagnosed or have you been aware for a long time?? Had you been rec.
    medical attention for it?

Thanks,
    MRDAD
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I also found out I have lyme disease through a FFC. I also have low T3, low cortisol,and a lot of other stff. they do test thoughly. which is such a good thing. It is really refreshing to have a doctor really listen and want to find out what is wrong with you. I believe it to be worth the exspense. I believe wholeheartedly in my FFC doctor.

Good luck to you and your wife and I wish you both Good Health!
    Kellyann
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Also,
    Check out the Lyme Message Board here, It is GREAT!
  5. laddman

laddman New Member

Found I had Lyme in early May. The fibro and fatigue center did extensive blood tests. The first blood test they drew 20 vials of blood
  6. laddman

laddman New Member

thank you, what really amazes me is neither University of Chicago or Mayo found mywife's trouble
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

The FFC draws A LOT of blood! But I think that is a good thing.But,at least that way you stand a chance at finding what ails you.
    It is costly. I am glad we only have to pay for just me to go in my family, as our insurance does not pay for a penny of it.
    I did manage to talk my primary care doctor into writing prescriptions for Famvir - for virsuses I have,it cost$1000 to my insurance, and for Mepron - which is a very expensive antibiotic. It cost my insurance carriers $1400. The doctor at FFC had written the presciptions first, I just had the primary rewrite them so I could get my insurance to cover it.
    So it helps if you have a good relationship with your primary care doctor, haha! There is no way I could have paid for that!

How are you doing on your medications? Any major herxes?
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

laddman:
    It sounds like it was worth the money. Sometimes we have to go to such lengths to find out what is what. Nice job.

nyrofan
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

My Daughter has been diagnosed with Lyme for a number of years. I hope to be tested soon as I lived in the Sierra for 10 yrs. and dealt with lots of ticks espec. on the animals!! They were reluctant to do a Lyme test on me bec.
    I've been back in the City for years.

My former GP got weary of hearing me ask, so he 'shut me up" by telling me he had it done and it "came uo negative"
    I recently had access to my Med. records for SOC. SEC. and found that they were never done!! So much for "truth in Medicine and the "Hipocritical Oath"!!

If I come up positive, its going to be a problem for anumber of people. Sorry I vented on you but there is a lesson in this for everyone.

Best Wishes,
    MRDAD