FINALLY!!!!!! I got a call from Dr. Lucinda Bateman's office

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nah.stacey, May 27, 2010.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

I have been on Dr. Lucinda Bateman's waiting list for six years, before she became a well known CFS/FM researcher, before she put Lyrica into play for FM, before the conferences, before the web support site etc.

Her office finally called and asked me if I still wanted in as a consultant patient as she doesn't do prescribing or regular dr. duties you have to have a Primary Care dr. for all of that but she does take about four hours to consult on the the first visit.

I have been campaigning on her web site OFFER and her office site and even had my dr. who saw me at the infectitious disease clinic at the Univ. of Utah write her a letter. I finally got in.

Big drawback is she doesn't accept my insurance so it's going to be like the Fibro and Fatigue Clinic all over again. My first consult visit their was $350.00, this one will be$400. Ouch, I need a fund raiser. (sorry, had a moment there)

She mailed out a huge questionaire that is killing my last few cognetive brain cells. The others were taken away by the SSD questionaire, after this it will take me a year to regenerate enough to do my taxes. I'm in trouble.

FYI: all the tests they ran HTLV I/II, Herp 3,4 etc all came back negative. Wonder what the Red Cross test was using that came up with me positive on the HTLV I/II.

I'll try and keep you posted since this is rather a big deal for us.
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Im not familiar with the history here but you sound so happy that i wanted to tell you that im happy for you! I hope you find the answers you seek.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

you should call red cross and ask for the exact name of the test they used for HTLV!

$400 is not bad...i paid a lot more than that for some docs!

best of luck
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Nah.stacey

Oh my gosh I thought my 21/2 yr wait for Dr. Bateman was long! Last time I talked with her office they told me one doc leaving,bateman in research at U no appts in site. I have given up on her clinic.

She actually is the doc who diagnosed my EBV late eighties,when she was just starting in regular practice!! I also support Offer.

Awhile back I posted to you about the doc you were seeing at the U could you plz tell me how that went? was it worth it?

thanks jen
  5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

congrats and good luck!

did they run tests for ebv and hhv6? what were results?

6. 3gs

3gs New Member

bumping up
  7. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Still trying to get my paperwork finished for Dr. Bateman, she said it was still ok I haven't lost my spot, but my Primary Care Dr. Retired on Sept. 2nd and I am still looking for one to take his place. Heaven Help Me.
    Then to top it all off my husband changed jobs and now we have a new insurance, all these changes are killing me.
    Finally finished all paper work for Disablility Insurance but then they sent me to a shrink at our State run Mental Care facility, MENTAL being the key word here. I got out of there and just broke down in tears. She all but called me a "drug-seeker" she wanted me to say the words but I wouldn't because I'm not. I JUST WANT MY LIFE BACK, which will never happen. They broke my heart and nearly my spirit with that interview. What gives them the right to judge people by one set standard, she had me pegged before I even got in her office just from a report from my primary care's associates who I have only seen once but my PC retired on Sept.2nd and I guess they got stuck with filling out a report for the SSA, so that is what they wrote. Now what am I to do?

Up sh** creek without a paddle
  8. quanked

quanked Member

contacting the doc who retired and ask for his/her help? I do not think this would be out of line given what is at stake and the incredible complications and misinformation about our dd's. If you had a good dr./patient relatiionship with this medical provider and a long history this would be the person to help.

Just a thought.