FINALLY some answers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yvette01826, Sep 12, 2003.

1. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

I can hardly contain myself. Finally, a Dr. that found something wrong. In black and white, scientific data!! My holistic MD ran testing for metabolic problems, vitamin deficiencies, food intolerances, etc.

My yeast counts were too high. And bacteria levels were a problem as well. Not to mention, my epinepherine and norepinepherine levels were VERY low(explaining extreme anxiety and poor sleep).

She has put me on (in addition to some supplements) Ultram digestive enzyme, Nystatin (OR Mystatin(Dr.s handwriting is a mess lol)) for yeast, and SBC for bacteria.

Ive been on 10mg of celexa for just 3 days, and, ahhhhhhhhhh, I actually have a clear mind. Its not racing like crazy. I feel a bit funky, a little nervous, but its getting better as the days go by. Im still exhausted, but atleast im not anxious and exhausted.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago...literally the exact time my fibro symptoms started. My tests also showed Im not absorbing fat and proteins properly. She beleives it from a lack of bile that my gallbladder formerly provided.

I hope this is a sign of some progress for me. If anyone has some experiences with these enzymes/meds..let me know.

Im praying for this to help. Im not expecting perfection, but an improvement would be huge.

xoxo
    Yvette
  2. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Let us know how you're doing! :)

Cheryll
  3. kalina

kalina New Member

It's nice to have your symptoms validated by test results, isn't it? Now you have a direction to go with your treatments! I'm glad you're already feeling better -- hope you continue to improve.

Kalina
  4. gaskinsb

gaskinsb New Member

How do you find a holistic doctor? I live in Georgia and would like to find something without taking all these drugs. I would appreciate any information you can give me.
  5. janana

janana New Member

Yvette,
    What test did your doc do for the epinepherine and norepinepheine? I have had an anxiety problem for yrs and havent been sleeping in over 3?? My anti-depressants dont help. Thanks!! Janana
  6. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

I found my holistic doc through a referral. But im sure if you do a search on the net for holistic md's in georgia youll find some one.

The tests she did were a metabolic analysis and a comprehensive digestive stool analysis. I have not ever had any dr. (other than this holistic md) administer these tests. (I would recommend that the holistic practictioner be an md, so she can administer and monitor meds if need be).

Im hoping for some releif, and relief for all of you as well.

xoxo
    yvette

[ advertisement ]