FINALLY!!! Some GOOD news!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Usually, my doctor is about as cheerful as a speed bump when it comes to discussing my health issues. But TODAY was totally different. Oh, he of little faith, had pooh-poohed my self-treatment of my liver disease with Ayurvedic herbs. WELL...remember that missing MELD score from my post of three days ago? Guess what showed up? My MELD! Seems like my liver has decided to do a 180 and the liver disease has REVERSED! My score is 7. What that means is my chances of mortality from liver disease are 1.9%. My score is only 2 points lower than what a top athlete would have! I am dancing up and down happy!

I still have diabetes and THIS crappy disease, but at least I can rest knowing that, unless I am trampled by a lovesick moose or the house is hit by a meteor, I'm not going to die today, tomorrow or any time in the near future! And natural medicine WORKS! So there, too, Dr. Smarty Pants! Neener, neener, neener! LOL! Sorry, couldn't help myself!

2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Happy to hear something is working for you--keep up the good work.!
  3. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

I think he owes you an apology :)) Really, sometimes I wonder how they got a degree in medicine when there is so much more for them to learn if they would just consider it. I realize that most docs just don't have the knowledge so it is up to us to take charge of our own health. I try to read everything I can and keep telling myself that there are other ways. I my case it has paid off so far. This has not been without a lot of sacrifice of time, stress and money restraints but I am so glad that I followed my instints when I did. I've tried their drugs but never felt they helped me that much for the side effects that I would get. Natural remedies really do work! I have RA and I am doing the peptide shots for i, pain free and doing great as of last Monday. I have been blogging on here about my experience so far. Sometimes we need to step out of the box! I am really excited for you. Keep up the good work.

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm really happy for you! I totally agree with Vicki, we have to take charge of our own health. Doctors in general know very little about nutrition or non-drug ways to health - I think it's going to be a very long, slow journey before they do, and in the meanwhile we are all learning a lot and in essence becoming our own doctors.

Best wishes,

5. MsE

MsE New Member

Hooray for you!!!!!
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

I was concerned for you, when I read your post about the test you had ran, and what it implied.

I am relieved for you!!!

All my best,
  7. inprog

inprog Member

I highly recommend Diabetes Solution by Dr. Bernstein. I test everything and follow his book. It helps me not to need insulin and as to lowering your liver tests, Congratulations!! One down and you can get the rest under control too.
    best, inprog
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the good news. "Dancing up and down happy" sounds
    good to me. I don't dance anymore, but I enjoy watching the dancers
    on Youtube. Can't decide if I used to dance more like Gene Kelly or
    Bob Fosse.

Hope your improvement continues.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for sharing your good news with us. It makes me sooooo happy when one of us has something to celebrate. Good for you!

Love, Mikie