Finally SSD hearing, after a year Tigger57 read this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, May 31, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I suppose since you have an attorney you have already been turned down once. It will be almost a year to the day when I have my hearing.

The reason i was turned down s because on the paperwork I sent in i had put down that I had taken care of my parents until they both passed on.

I was with them until the end, but we had a housekeeper,cook,bath person,and a person to dispense medicine and a nurse on call all the time.

I had to be present to be sure all did their jobs accordingly. Sit down with your attorney and plan out what you will say if questions are asked directly to you.

I wish you well. Dianne
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

No,I haven't filed yet. I think that is why my rheumy told me to contact this lawyer. I think he wants to make sure it gets done right the first time.

I told him that from what I could see I wouldn't be able to get it. He said stop worrying.

I see the attorney next Wednesday and see what happens from there.

Thanks for thinking of me.
    Tigger
  3. jenemc

jenemc New Member

I had my alj hearing a yr ago in march and was turned down, because the guy i live with woudl benefit from my getting disability.

thats the reason they gave for turning me down. so of course my lawyer appealed it. i received my notice in dec right after christmas.

good luck on filing and gettign disability anymore. one of the workers at the local ss office said if ppl who were pregnant or broke a finger or things like that woudl stop filing for disability, the ones who DO need it woudl get it faster and easier.

jennie