Finally, Tests sceduled for possible IC DX. Have ?'s

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Sep 27, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys~
    1st off,.. I hope your all having one of your better days~

I've suspected IC for quite some time now.(yrs in fact)

I just got a referrel to a Urologist yesterday and after a thorough history and painful exam he ordered the following tests.
    Pelvic/stomach cat scan w/ contrast.
    Urodynamics and a cystoscopy.

whatever happened to your basic easy IVP? LOL
    I'm kinda scared of these tests!! are all 3 neccesary?

can anyone tell me what they were like?
    the 1st one is this tues. 9-30
    thanks for any help
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi tandy

Whats IC? Have had ct scan no biggie w/contrast usually means dye injected in vein(have you ever had MRI with dye).

I used to work in medical field and its amazing how much I can't remember since this dd.

Sorry I know all three and had them but can't grab info today.

Best of luck from what I do remember there not bad tests(as always caution with us)

3. spacee

spacee Member

Bless your heart...these bladder woes are so painful.

I had the urodynamics test and cysto 22 years ago. I insisted that they put me to sleep for the cysto. Others breeze through but I have a small urethra and I don't.

It's the urodynamics test that is a weird one. It has changed alot from when I had it done depending on what the doctor is looking for.

I googled it and it did say at the end that you will have bladder irritation from it and to drink a glass of water every half hour.

My test took a long time for the nurse to put the electrodes in my skin around my urethra. She was a great person and told me a very long suspenseful story as she was doing to try to distract me. Then I had the catheter put in, the water put in my bladder (to measure how much it would hold), then voided and the urine was "caught" so they could measure it again.

I WASN'T sore afterwards because of being put to sleep for the cysto. After that he stretched my bladder with water and that really soothes the bladder.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problems...knowing helps a lot!

4. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

My doctor wants to test me for this. At first, I was only border-line, but my symptoms have grown more and more severe over the past couple of weeks. Hope they find out, and I pray your tests will be easy on you! Love, Debbie
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

since my bladder problems were diagnosed as being primary neurological. I was awake and agree it is a bit odd, not really painful just a little stingy for a very short period of time.

Drinkiing water afterwards is important because there's a small risk of infection. I had bladder spasms for some days afterwards but they resolved after that.

Fortunately IC is something I don't have.

I hope these tests lead to helpful Tx. Good luck.

tc, Tansy
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

for the input on these tests.

I guess we'll find out soon enough how bad these tets are.
    Not looking forward to them at all.
    but I'll grin and bear it.