FINALLY...we've heard from my brother

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by J-in-Ohio, Dec 8, 2003.

1. J-in-Ohio

J-in-Ohio New Member

Thanks all for your prayers. My brother finally called...not me, but he talked to my mom and sister. Apparentely, since he quit his job (where he was working 16-18 hours/day, has been transferred to a new city with every promotion--three times in past three years) he's been feeling like a failure because he couldn't handle it.

He's living with a friend, has no income, sometimes no food and has been in very low spirits (he's already had bouts of depression). He's been looking for a job but nothing yet. My sister tried to talk him into coming "home" but he doesn't have money to buy a plane ticket. We'd like to try to pull some funds together to get him here, but none of us can really afford it either right now. But at least we've heard from him and he's still alive! Praise the Lord! I pray God will lead him home if that is His will.
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I am so glad you heard from your brother, what great news!
    I pray that he will be allright. That the depression lifts and he gets a less demanding job this time around. I hope he gets to also come visit for Christmas. If not, then maybe talk with him on Christmas on the phone or something.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To hear from you about your brother! I am so thankful to the Lord that you have finally heard from him.

Will be praying for your family to get the funds necessary to get him home now.

God bless hon, and I am sure glad to hear he is at least alright!

Shalom, Shirl