Finally!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vonda, Nov 15, 2002.

1. vonda

vonda New Member

Hello to everyone on this board! I wanted to let everyone know that I got my ssd approved after 19 months!!! I was approved on four medical conditions and two of them included CHRONIC FATIGUE and FIBROMYALGIA!!! Thank God that the Social Security people are realizing that hey this is a disabilitating disease and its for real. I was initially denied naturally, but I knew my body and I knew that there was something going on and I my Dr. wouldn't give up on me until she found the answers. She knew it wasn't "all in my head" and she took every test she knew of. Now i just wait until the checks come, but in the meantime i am going to research this disease and do whatever it takes to get healthy. I'm to young to feel this damn old and in pain all the time. It gets to be a drag and I don't want to feel like this anymore. So I will keep reading your posts for whatever help i can get from here and keep on researching until i get some answers. Once again i want to thank all of you for your support, understanding and to just hang in there and be as patient as you can be.

Vonda
  2. vonda

vonda New Member

Hello to everyone on this board! I wanted to let everyone know that I got my ssd approved after 19 months!!! I was approved on four medical conditions and two of them included CHRONIC FATIGUE and FIBROMYALGIA!!! Thank God that the Social Security people are realizing that hey this is a disabilitating disease and its for real. I was initially denied naturally, but I knew my body and I knew that there was something going on and I my Dr. wouldn't give up on me until she found the answers. She knew it wasn't "all in my head" and she took every test she knew of. Now i just wait until the checks come, but in the meantime i am going to research this disease and do whatever it takes to get healthy. I'm to young to feel this damn old and in pain all the time. It gets to be a drag and I don't want to feel like this anymore. So I will keep reading your posts for whatever help i can get from here and keep on researching until i get some answers. Once again i want to thank all of you for your support, understanding and to just hang in there and be as patient as you can be.

Vonda
  3. selma

selma New Member

When you find something that helps we'd like to hear about it. I know you can find us here for you at any time.
    I'm praying for you.

Love, Selma
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

but we're getting there! Congratulations! That is great news, especially for those of us who are waiting to hear.
    Kathryn
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so happy for you. Anyone who suffers from these DD's should get all the help that they can from the powers that be. Keep us posted.
    Pepper
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I applied for SSD without a lawyer. I was out of work about 12 years ago and on large doses of Prednisone for Chronic Angioedema and Hives, muscle and tissue pain, fatigue and a unspecified connective tissue disorder. I filled out all those forms and I spoke to many people on the phone from the Social Security Administration. I have affidavits from a few MDs and even from MDs that I had been employed by. All this time I had NO income and I was newly separated, depressed, lonely and sick. I was denied and I was just too tired to go back for round 2. I HAD to have an income, so I took a very LOW paying job sitting with a stroke patient. This was not a nurse's job; it was a "sitter's" job and the pay was minimum wage. After having worked as a nurse for many years and having no spouse, this was devastating. I never persued SSD again. I ended up getting much better and I went back to work as a nurse and remarried. Now that I have numerous diagnoses to use, I often wonder if I need to use my short-term and long-term disability from work, hire an attorney that deals only with SSD cases and try again. I LOVE my work, but I am having to take leaves of absences each year for various issues dealing with my illnesses. I am so tired and the pain and fog makes work very difficult. I keep procrastinating because we NEED my income so much.
    I am happy for you. Now do what you said and research ways to feel as well as you can. Now that $$$ won't be as much an issue, you can!
    Love,
    Kady
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m happy for you. I haven`t tryed applying yet but I probably will in the future. This illness is really get-
    ting to be a big epidemic and with so many people getting
    ill with it, I figure they aren`t going to be able to ignore it very much longer.

Don`t forget to celebrate a little bit!
  8. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Isn't it just the most wonderful feeling to have that burden lifted from your shoulders. All the anxiety of waiting, waiting, waiting is finally over! Good for you!
    Love to hear great news like this.

Regina :)
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Congratulations to you, Vonda! I'm always so happy to hear someone's success story, more validation for the world to know what WE already know, that this is a valid, disabling illness, & WE HAVE RIGHTS!! Thanks for sharing your great news, gives others here hope! It pays to be determined, but patient...

Pam
  10. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi Vonda! And way to go! I am happy for you. As someone else said (can't recall who) each victory for one is a victory for us all. Take thee to the best gentle massage person you can, go pamper yourself, and may each stressless day be easier than the last. BonBons
  11. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Awesome news Vonda. I am so happy for you. I assume you'll probably give up or already had on the Unum portion of it all? I think that's what they hope we will do, but I am not sure yet. As I am still waiting to hear on my SS, my hearing was August 2nd, and I just called my lawyer, seeing if he had any idea at all when we would hear, of course he doesn't know. Oh I am soooo happy for you. Keep the rest of us in your prayers though.
    I have your email address now,hopefully I will be in touch soon. Thanks for responding to my post...
    Sarad