Financial assist in purchasing Dye Free Guiafenesin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by obraziel, Sep 4, 2006.

1. obraziel

obraziel New Member

I am permanently disabled, handicapped, on disability and a fixed income. I cannot afford to keep buying 600mg capsules #100 . I have done without for over two months now and I feel the pain and discomfor returning.

Does ProHealth offer assistance or can you refer me to another resource?

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

2. obraziel

obraziel New Member

Thank you!~
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Only the Guaifenesin recommended by Dr St Amand should be used; I made an expensive mistake by initially importing the cheapest that I could find. It did absolutely nothing. Go to:

www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com

(The 400mg fast acting Guai sold here is dye free. It snaps easily in half & I have successfully used it for a year, keeping it in my bloodstream by taking 200mg every 4 hours.)
  4. obraziel

obraziel New Member

I have taking 600mg twice a day by Dr. St Amand. I am not sure I should drop down to 400mg twica a day to get the same results?

Also, do you know who manufactures it so I may contact them?

Thanks
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The reason that Dr. St. Amand's website recommends only certain types of the Guai is to keep people from buying cough syrup and taking it for the Guai. Guai should be the only active ingredient in any product. Dr. St. Amand does not sell Guai but he does recommend those brands which he know to be effective and of high quality.

You do make an excellent point. I'm also always wary of anyone pushing a treatment which requires buying only from that source.

Love, Mikie
  6. Jude

Jude New Member

I empathize with your situation. I wish there was a way for people to qualify for assistance with guaifenesin. If you reduce your dose from 1200mgs per day down to 800mgs per day you may go below your theraputic dose needed to clear. You would be wasting your money. There is a genetically set point in which reversal takes place and if you go below that you are literally peeing your money down the drain. I would suggest that you try the ProHealth FA because it is cheaper than the long acting. Take one 400mg pill three times a day. If you can do that it is worth a try.

Jude