financial prayer reguest

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, May 22, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

my income has dropped from $600 a month to $54 a month.

I have always beed faithful with my 10 percent to God and my other givings, so I don't understand this and don't know how I will survive this drop in income.

I will still give my ten percent to the church, but what breaks my heart is the 25 dollars I give every month to charity. I don't want to stop giving it.

I might loose my health insurance as well, this is a scarey thing.

sorry to burden you with this

thank you
    Lisa
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I will be praying for you.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  3. dash

dash New Member

I'm sorry about your financial struggles. Believe me, I have lived through desperate times in the past. My family has never gone hungry, nor have we lacked clothes, or a home. God is faithful to meet our needs.

I had four children and we had no insurance for fifteen years. Again God was faithful to meet our needs.

If you have been giving from a heart of faith, God will bless you.

My issue is that the churches who receive the tithes in the name of the Lord and preach tithing, do not use people's tithes to minister to the physical needs of the people who are doing the tithing.. That was one of the purposes of the Old Testament tithe.

If the churches took care of their members, we wouldn't need goverment help to survive. Sorry, I'll get down off my soapbox.

Lisa, I don't know how God will work this out for you,but I know that He will.

My late father was a true believer in tithing. He was disabled on a very limited income, but he was rich in faith.

One little story, I remember was about his garden. He turned his backyard into a vegetable garden that fed many. He needed to plant something and lay hay over it. He had no money for hay. He prayed God would provide.

Later that day, he was in his car driving and there in the middle of the road was a bale of hay blocking his path.

This happened all the time for him. He taught us to pray very specifically for our needs and expect answers.

Let us know, if you feel comfortable, what some of your specific needs are so we can pray and expect for you.

Love in Christ,
    Della
  4. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

your words and prayers have uplifed me and taken some of the fear out of my heart.
    God Bless you
    Love Lisa
  5. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

Tithing is meant to be given once your basic needs have been met. God doesn't want you to give to the church when you can't pay for a roof over your head and food in your tummy. Besides, God knows your intent.

I'm sure that if you told your church what shape you were in, they would be giving to you. Let them know. Those good people (you included) gather for the good in life, to celebrate God and to worship together.

Receiving is not a sin.

Praying for your prosperity and that you are relieved of all unneccessary guilt.

Love,
    Darlene
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

We need to take care of our basic needs. I think God will understand that you just can`t afford to tith right now. Sometimes you have to take care of yourself and your family. Let others help you this time, its your turn to receive.

Here`s a prayer that helps with financial problems. It really works, its helped me out many times.

PRAYER OF PROSPERITY
    God is prosperity.
    Let the guiding light of prosperity enter my life. My life is filled with a good steady supply of gifts form the universe. The purse is open and my golden urn of plenty filled. I give thanks for all the good that comes to me.

7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

God bless to you
    Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2004]
  8. JimB

JimB New Member

Hi
    Just needed to say.. The Scriptures Say that your giving is to come out of your First fruits.
    Give to God FIRST. That's part of the agreement and Blessing, and miracles. (maybe you do this).
    THEN, have faith and see how He makes the remainder be enough.
    " It's more blessed to give than receive ".
    - ALLOW the church and Believers in Christian organizations - to be Blessed.

If you have needs , Tell them.

" We (THEY) have been called to be a blessing ".
    In Christ Jim : )
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2004]
  9. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Lisa,

Do not live in guilt. I think many people have given you excellent responses. A lot of people have different opinions about tithing; however, God knows your heart. I do know that we don't walk under law but under grace. Let God's peace fill your heart and in the much counsel that you've been given let the Lord show you what to do.

I just responded to someone else that I have been reminding myself of God's covenant names with us. I thought I'd post them for you too. I've been meditating on them and thanking God that he is not a liar. He is faithful when we are faithless. I hope they inspire your faith also.

Jehovah Shammah: The Lord is Present (made nigh by the blood of Christ)
    Jehovah Shalom: The Lord is our Peace (the chastisement of our peace was upon him)
    Jehovah Ra-ah: The Lord is my Shepherd (he became our shepherd by giving his life for the sheep…part of atonement)
    Jehovah Jireh: The Lord will Provide (the Lord himself was the offering provided on Calvary)
    Jehovah Nissi: The Lord our Banner or Victor (by spoiling principalities and powers on the cross)
    Jehovah Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness (He opened the way for every sinner to receive the gift of righteousness)
    Jehovah Rapha: I am the Lord that Healeth thee or The Lord our Physician (This is also in the atonement…for he himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses)

Psalm 23 gives us a picture of these same covenant names:

The Lord is my shepherd,
    I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
    He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul;
    He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For you are with me;
    your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
    You anoint my head with oil,
    my cup runs over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house
    of the Lord forever.

You are in my prayers today:)
    Monkeykat
  10. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

thank you everyone so much.
    monkeykat I printed your post, thank you.
    Lisa