FINDING A DOCTOR IN GEORGIA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by betsy1956, Jan 27, 2006.

1. betsy1956

betsy1956 New Member

Hello! I am new here. How are you all?

My first question is: does anyone know of any good physicians in Georgia who treat Fibro & Chronic Fatigue?

My family doctor I had for 12 years retired, and most every doctor I have called since then does not treat "pain" anymore??? What is up with that? Isn't that what we see doctors for - when we are sick or hurting?

I do see a doctor nearby, but he just wanted to send me to a Psychiatrist. :( He doesn't know me at all, and shows absolutely no interest. I asked him if he agreed with my past diagnosis of Fibro, CFS, and Degenerative disk disease, spondylosis, etc....& he said he doesn;t put too much time into these new illnesses?

If anyone knows of any good doctors who accept disabled patients on Medicaid - please advise if that is acceptable on this board. You can email me privately if you need to answer that way: betsybk@hotmail.com

Thanks for taking time to read!

Betsy

2. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Betsy,

I would need to know what area of Georgia you would be willing to travel to. I have been to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center and I am now seeing an Internist for my CFS and FM.

Also, you are not allowed to put your e-mail address. One of the moderators will delete it unless you update your post before they see it.

I am in the Atlanta area. There are quite a few people on this board that live in Georgia. Let us know what area and I'm sure you'll get more replies.

Take care,
    auntyem