Finding Coins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

don't know why but i'm one of the luckiest people i know when it comes to finding loose coins on the ground when walking anywhere!,,,,,,,,,i'ts common to find pennies,,,but i find Quarters and dimes and Nickles.,,,,,and sometimes $ bills,,,,,,i know folks drop money unknowingly,,,but it just seems i'm lucky in finding it,,

Maybe it's because i watch the ground when walking ,,,due to having taken a few spills in my life i like to watch where i'm going i guess,,,,,,Sadly enough i never find enough to get rich on,,,,,,lolol,,,yeah right!,,,,,,,anyone eles??

2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Keep looking, you might hit the jackpot one day!! I found 40 bucks once in a grocery store, but returned to the owner.

My kids are always lossing money, maybe your finding their inheritance!! LOL
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow! MN money found in MT,,,,lolol,,I Know how the kids can lose money!!,,,,,Kool Photo of you and your Paint and family in your profile!,,,,,,I Would love to have a horse!,,,,,,

Kina~~Great idea I'll save up this next year and report!,,,,,,Places i have found money is at the gas station parking lot,,,,,at the lake a few times,,oh yeah and once when i was getting back in my car on a trip at a rest stop i found a $20,,,,,,

I know i should have given it back but i had NO idea who it belonged to,,,,,,lolol,,,,,,,Misty thats admirable of you to give the $40 Back!,,,,,,S
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Finding $120 in an ATM is definetley a give it back situation,,,to bad there wasn't even a thanks or a reward!
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I've not been real lucky at finding money. Maybe found a couple of dollars total over my lifetime.

Thing is, if I'd see a coin lying on the ground nowadays, I wouldn't be able to bend to pick it up! LOL

It I did bend to pick it up, I wouldn't be able to get back up again! LOLOL

I'll leave any coins I find for you, okay?

6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Sis -

I usually do not find to mamy coins on the ground or where ever. However, I am not to proud to at least try & bend down to pick it or them up. Believe me, even if I might not have an easy time getting up, I will try.

I do find money (coins) in the washing machine. They look so nice and clean. Sometimew I keep them and sometimes I put them in the little "ceramic Pipe" that DH keeps his coins in.

Keep finding them sweetie, maybe someday you will be RICH !! I know I won't be.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Lolol,,,,Thanks D,,,,,I appreciate you leaving them all for me to find and pick up!,,,,always felt lucky to find them,,,,,,i know i won't get rich but it's kinda fun to find them,,,,,lolol,,,,,

G, When the Girls were home they used to leave money in their pants pockets and it would go through the wash,,,,,,and i just gave it to them if i found it,,,,,,they always used to say no Mom keep it for a tip!,,,,Lolol,,,,,,S

BILLCAMO New Member

when a person picks up dropped money , you can read the phrase "IN GOD WE TRUST". I think that if more people remembered and believed this , the world would be a better place. :>)

Blessings ,

9. sisland

sisland New Member

OK~~~Now there are some new insights on finding Money! And i agree! I think the Universe and God has a way of taking care of us when we or other folks are in need!

I have said to God several times in my life,,,,,How am i going to Get the Money to Take care of This problem?? And somehow He always saves Me!,,,,,,Problems can Get solved all the time without Money too i've learned!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's all in the way you look at it and the lessons we Learn when we have to go without!,,,I Have found several things in My life that i never thought we could do without,,,,,and Guess what We did just fine without that 1 or 5 Material things,,,,,,,,,,,,you learn to be inventive,,,and to shop around!,,,,,ok i'll stop now!.,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,Sis
  10. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

While I don't believe in god, I do find money frequently. Mostly coins. My husband thinks I'm nuts when I stop to pick up a penny - but, hey, if I do that 200 hundred times, I have a cup of coffee. Works for me!
  11. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Today as I was coming out into the parking lot from my local pharmacy, I saw a bright and shiny penny lying right by my car! (Maybe my luck is turning around. LOL) Anyway, of course, I could not get down to pick it up.

So, right away I spotted a friend who used to live near me but moved away. I yelled to him and told him today is his lucky day. He asked why's that? I said cause there's a bright shiny penny lying there and I cannot pick it up. I said , so it's yours! (meaning his).

He picked it up and said that it was lying tales up. We both asked the question if that makes it bad luck?

So Sis, my question is this: If you find a coin lying heads up, is that good luck. If it's tales up, is that bad luck???

Just wondering....

12. sisland

sisland New Member

D~~~I have No Idea!~~~lolol~ Good Question! But My thoughts are is that it doesn't Matter,,,,,,if you need some Goodluck then yes Heads -up works!,,,,and Visa-Versa,,,,,Thanks for makeing me Giggle!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

I Like your attitude!

BILLCAMO New Member

I've picked up heads up AND tails up coins !

I've never gotten bad luck or warts from either one ! LOL

(I haven't gotten rich either.......ROFL).

Blessings ,

15. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

At least its nice too find out what happened to all that money I've lost.

A three day weekend coming up,.......I will try not to lose anymore.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that "In God we trust" was originally a printing error. It was supposed to be "In Gold we trust".

Then the politicians decided that it was a good idea to have voters believe in God rather than in Gold.

Or maybe it was deliberately changed with the first Federal deficit budget. Something like that:)

Cheers, lol, mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2008]
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Well it's just funny how some folks look at things!,,,,lolol,,,,,i've gathered from this thread that picking up money from the ground is a matter of pride for some!,,,,,not me!,,,,,now we have California Money in MT,,,,,,Lolol,,,,literaly,though,,,alot of Californians Move Here for a quiter life and then the Winter Wheather moves them back!,,,,,,,,,,

anywhoo,,,,i've always heard that "In God we Trust" was a Miss print,,,,but it seems like that would be a really big miss print!,,,,i don't know!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So In Gold,, Copper and silver,,,we trust!,,,,,,,,lolol,,,,Thanks for your replies!
  17. greygodess

greygodess New Member

My dad used to say "see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck". I go through periods where I don't find anything but then i will start finding pennies all over the place. It seems it is always near an anniversary of my dad's. Like his birthday or father's day or his death day which was jsut before father's day.

There is a mission group called Fellowship of the Least Coin. Women in every country collect the least coin and turn them in for mission work. So that is where my pennies go.

I did find $5.00 once. I kept that. Godbless
  18. sues1

sues1 New Member

After a snow and when it melts down....check out metered parking lots.

It can be next to impossible to find your lost coins in the snow, plus sometimes people do not realize they dropped part of their change.

Someone told me that and I found around $2.75.

I have and would return any money that can be returned. But the coins are up for grabs in my book.

Blessings susan
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou all for some new prospectives on finding coins!,,,,,I like to think of it as goodluck too!,,donating coins to the Missions is a great idea!
    Remember when my girls were in school,,,,,,

and a fund raising idea was to have the kids bring in the Pennies that they-parents had saved up over the years,,,,,,,,,,they got a great turn out! so i know that folks must be picking up those pennies!,,,,,,it baffles me how many coins actually end up on the ground! especialy pennies!,,,,,

I once heard a saying that went like this,,,,"You find pennies everywhere because Abraham Lincoln's face is on them,,,and he wanted all men to be equal" so it's just a reminder i guess,,,,,p.s. Happy Birthday Thleaw!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

I've retrieved "super-glued" coins.......BUT...... If I share my secret with won't be there for me !

Blessings ,