Finding Opthomologist , please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Jul 20, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Any suggestions for finding an optho. who will understand my vision in the am is completely different in the am and afternoon and on and on. The last time I bought glasses it was a nightmare. He made them 3 times. At the time neither he nor I understood it was part of the broader picture of what was wrong with me. I was still in the denial stage then but its been so long not I have to go.
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This is merely a suggestion, because I'm not sure how to go about finding an opthomologist who's experienced in treating someone with fibro/CFS.....but my husband has Type 2 diabetes, & he has always found that the opthomologists that his diabetes doctors recommend seem very thorough, completely familiar with all eye diseases, etc. So I'm just wondering if a local endocrinologist or diabetes association could give you a recommendation for a competent, thorough opthomologist in your area? Hopefully, you'll get some better suggestions from others here; I found an allergist completely trained in dealing with fibro/CFS, and I'm sure there are some opthomologists out there who have skill in these areas, too, it's just how to locate them??

Good luck, Sofy, hope you find somebody good!

Hugs,
    Pam