fingers crossed for UK please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bluebottle, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

The verdict from the the Judicial Review into the treatment of ME/CFS in the UK is due tomorrow Fri March 13th.

Two individuals have challenged in court that the only treatment we recieve for a physical illness is psychological and useless.

Fingers crossed for us please, it's very much a David and Goliath situation.

M.E./CFS has been classified as a neurological illness by the World health Organisation since 1969, but in the UK the psychiatric profession have taken all treatment and research funding whilst insisting that it is an 'abnormal illness belief'.

You can read psychiatric Prof Simon Wessley's (the leading psychiatrist behind all this) latest drivel about it here:

"When illness is mostly in the mind ":
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Please post back tomorrow and let us know what happens.

It's like the old witch hunts. It's horrible. They have no right to take people who are physically ill and treat them like this.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I couldn't even bring myself to read the Wessley article -- it would just make me mad, no doubt.

But I've got everything crossed I can that tomorrow's verdict is the one that brings justice to this situation!

Please post when you know!
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

this is disgusting. i wish i could do something. no one seems to be listening over there. i know enlander wrote the queen (he was the royal family's physician in waiting) but i guess he was ignored.

what a travesty.

hopefully there will be some GP's in the UK who are sick of this and start prescribing antimicrobials and such. we had a similar situation in canada and i was able to finally find a sympathetic doctor.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I started to cry tonight. I think this affected me more than I thought. If we had won, it would have made a huge impact on our legitimacy.

I've been flaring badly all day to the point of not even being able to get my mail. And to have a judge rule that we aren't physically sick is so beyond horrible. I have a fever and I'm in so much pain and stiffness and the fatigue was horrible today. To have someone rule that only shrink help should be available is just so unfair and cruel. I may not be from the UK, but this ruling would have had a positive worldwide impact if we had won.

This ruling will only confirm my evil relatives beliefs that it's all mental. No one believes me :( Anyone in the family who believed me is dead and I'm stuck with all the uncompassionate evil ones.

I don't know how much longer I can do this. And the truth is, I don't want to. This is not a life. And in a few months, what little I have left will be gone. And I don't see any help coming or any light at the end of the tunnel. It's always bad news. I don't understand why we are forced to not have a life and get to watch everyone else have one. There is no justice. There is nothing.
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

This is fkin rediculous. how DARE they do this.

Has anyone contacted the united nations? amnesty?

Can you call dr. demeirleir's office in belgium to see if there is anyone in london doing proper CFS treatment?

isn't spain part of the EU? spain has passed a law where anyone diagnosed with CFS must be treated within 3 months!

i emailed my doctor - dr. lerner - to see if he has any suggestions.
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

The situation is hopeless here - I don't see a way forward until Wessely et al fall off the face of the planet and get replaced by some believing doctors who are willing to try out similar protocols and treatments that some of our friends across the pond have access to :(

Love Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2009]