Finished, I think, with SSDIpapers!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Oct 9, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have finally finished the third, and hopefully final, set of paperwork for SSDI. I was beginning to think this might never happen. I've had them for almost two months, but in the meantime I've had several family crises with which to deal. Tomorrow I meet with my attorney, so I will show them to him before I send them in. Then I'll celebrate!

This morning I began the day with a way too early appointment with a Forensic Psychiatrist for an "Independent Medical Evaluation" for my disability retirement request.

He also gave me a form to complete. He called it a test, but it's really just a personality form. The most interesting part is that he gave me an answer form with soemone else's name on it. He scratched through that and substituted my name. How's that for professionalism? Stinks in my book!

I won't know what to do without all that paperwork hanging over my head! I may actually make progress on some of the long overdue things I need to do around the house.

Barbara
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have finally finished the third, and hopefully final, set of paperwork for SSDI. I was beginning to think this might never happen. I've had them for almost two months, but in the meantime I've had several family crises with which to deal. Tomorrow I meet with my attorney, so I will show them to him before I send them in. Then I'll celebrate!

This morning I began the day with a way too early appointment with a Forensic Psychiatrist for an "Independent Medical Evaluation" for my disability retirement request.

He also gave me a form to complete. He called it a test, but it's really just a personality form. The most interesting part is that he gave me an answer form with soemone else's name on it. He scratched through that and substituted my name. How's that for professionalism? Stinks in my book!

I won't know what to do without all that paperwork hanging over my head! I may actually make progress on some of the long overdue things I need to do around the house.

Barbara
  3. debrastets

debrastets New Member

It seems they never can get enough imformation from us! And keep asking the same thing over and over ! Good Luck! Hope it all works out ! I got approved 9-12 and it took me a year of paper work! Iam in Texas! Hope it all works out for you!
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

good job finshing the papers there a realy pain good luck with everything
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I had a chance to sit down and begin working on the little "test" I got from the Forensic Psychiatrist I saw this morning. There are ONLY 557 questions to answers! Obviously I did not finish it in one sitting. It will probably take several!

Barbara
  6. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

What is the first step to filing SSDI?? Calling the 800 number?? I am going to do it. How do I go about it? you can email me directly if you want... email is on my profile.
    Thanks.