Firbromyalgia Research in Arizona-You may be able to participate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Harmony, May 22, 2003.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hope Research in Arizona is doing an experimental research for women 18 or over with FMS. It is a 13 week study with a physician and you get PAID $25 each time you go. They pay for your exams, blood test, ekg, medicine. They want you to try a new pain medicine; I don't know what it is. You cannot have RA and I'm not sure if there are other restrictions. I do know they are flexible with your schedule and if you don't have transportation and you qualify, they will pay for a taxi to pick you up. My mother found a notice about it at her Dr.'s office and told me about it. I am considering it if I qualify and if I think the medicine is something I want to try. You can quit the program anytime you want.I thought I'd pass it along to any of you in AZ if you are interested. The phone number to call is: 602-288-4673.
  2. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Harmony,
    Thank you for the info. I took down the number and will call to see what it is all about. Are you going to do it? Do you have fibro? I will let you know what it is if you haven't already called.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Sandy,
    Yes, I have Fibro. I am going to go to the 1st visit and get the free blood test, ekg and evaluation. I will then know if I qualify and if I want to try the medication. I am always afraid to try new medication as I haven't found anything yet I can tolerate. I figure it's worth going to see what its, get free care and get paid! I am going to call them again today. I hope this is something that can help us.

Love,
    Harmony