Fire ants

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betsy2, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Betsy2

    Betsy2 New Member

    I thought I posted this a few minutes ago but it sure doesn't look like it now. I was attacked by fire ants two weeks ago on my left foot. I have always lived in the north and we don't have them up there. I now live in SC and they are all over. I am now in a huge flare that I gradually worked into after they bit me several times. Does anyone know if they are toxic enough to send you into a flare?
  2. Mtnflower

    Mtnflower New Member

    Betsy at one time I lived in Georgia with my two year old son. He had a habit of sitting on nests. I discovered that keeping a tub of tepid water mixed with soda would stop the stinging. Their bites are very acidic. The bites mad my son ill and his scares stayed for years. I do believe that they are possibly toxic enough to cause a flare.
    Never place items on the ground and shake out all clothing before putting it on and watch where you step are the only way to prevent bites.
  3. Betsy2

    Betsy2 New Member

    Thank you so much for the info, I too thought the toxicity may have an affect but was just fishing for more info

[ advertisement ]