Fire Hands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffant, Jun 18, 2008.

1. puffant

puffant New Member

Every once in a while my hands will start to get itchy under the skin, the a red rash appears and then my hands get fire hot and swell. Within an hour my hands are totally red and miserable. This has happened at the dr. office and he just shook his head and said he didn't have a clue. So far everything I have tried to stop the itching and burning does not work. I have held ice in my hands but could not feel the cold but the ice melted faster than anything, it will sometimes spread up the inside of my arms too. It usually will last about 5 to 6 hours? Does anyone else suffer with anything like this?

2. puffant

puffant New Member

This will happen at odd times, in the middle of the night, while driving in the car or just sitting doing nothing. I have thought and thought about what I have been doing right before it starts but there is nothing out of the ordinary--it just happens. sometimes I will just hold my hands in a bowl of icewater and they will make the water warm and melt the ice and never get cold. Maybe it is just another part of this DD and unexplainable.

3. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

Something similar has happened to me a few times and it was actually a little bit scary. Both hands would get really itchy all over - under the skin like you said - and feel very hot and swollen. But it would happen really fast, from itchy to on fire within minutes, and for some reason a lot of anxiety would come with it, like I was having an adrenaline rush for no reason. Then when I would run cold water on my hands and wrists it would only take a few minutes for the feeling to pass. It didn't have the feeling of a contact allergy reaction, but something internal. Very strange. Hasn't happened in a while.

Layla (Lee Ann)