First Acupuncture Appt Any advice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mommygee, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mommygee

mommygee New Member

Have you done acupuncture? Has it worked for you? TIA!
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

mommygee:

I tried acupuncture and it worked out well, but my insurance would not cover it.

I had the one that gave a slight electric pulse.

I hope it all works out for you.

nyrofan
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I bring either my MP3 player or a portable CD player. I think it helps me to relax more. Otherwise, I have to listen to the radio in the doctor's office. Maybe I'm noise sensitive but anything with a beat is distracting.

Sometimes certain points sting slightly more than others. Most of the time I don't feel the needles go in.

I have felt some electrical pulses during treatment. It was like I could feel the chi flowing through my arm. This was on my right side which is my TMJ side. For me, it took
    about 3 weeks before I felt the overall energy boosting effects. Most of the time I my sense of well-being goes up.
  4. 4isfamily

4isfamily New Member

It measures blockages in the body and can give him an idea, what accupuncture points he should focus on. I am doing accupuncture, hard to tell if it's working as I am doing lots of other things, but I am feeling very well now. However, my father's untreatable blood disease has dramatically improved after he started accupuncture. Go for it, it cannot hurt you!!! Anything is better to try than taking pills.