First appointment with rheumy tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Sep 30, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

I'm nervous. My internist wasn't very receptive to my complaints. I'm afraid this doc will be the same way. I've written down all my symptoms, and I'm taking my lab results (that only show I'm anemic). I just hope he's nice and doesn't give me the brush off. Wish me luck!
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

I'm nervous. My internist wasn't very receptive to my complaints. I'm afraid this doc will be the same way. I've written down all my symptoms, and I'm taking my lab results (that only show I'm anemic). I just hope he's nice and doesn't give me the brush off. Wish me luck!
  3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

It is always tough going to a new doctor for the first time. You wonder is he/she nice, sympathetic, knowledgeable, are you just another file number? I try to take my mom or husband when I see a doctor, even the ones that I am used to going to. That way they remember the things I forget and sometimes if someone else is with you, you don't get the brush off. Also they can help you remember what the DR says, just in case you get the memory problems like I do. So goodluck and let us know!