First BIG realization

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Nov 27, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Dear friends,
    Yesterday I had PT, which consisted of some strengthening exercises with a latex band, heat and I rode an exercise bike for 5 minutes. It all seemed so effortless... within hours my whole body felt like a burning throbbing mass, and my bladder was irritated again... I took some urised, ultram and went to bed. Today I woke up with an awful headache (although not a migraine) and have felt terrible all day. When I layed down this afternoon it felt like a concrete slab was weighing down my body.... IS THIS WHAT IT"S LIKE ????
    Newly diagnosed
    Thanks Sue
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

Dear friends,
    Yesterday I had PT, which consisted of some strengthening exercises with a latex band, heat and I rode an exercise bike for 5 minutes. It all seemed so effortless... within hours my whole body felt like a burning throbbing mass, and my bladder was irritated again... I took some urised, ultram and went to bed. Today I woke up with an awful headache (although not a migraine) and have felt terrible all day. When I layed down this afternoon it felt like a concrete slab was weighing down my body.... IS THIS WHAT IT"S LIKE ????
    Newly diagnosed
    Thanks Sue
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To me, you did a tad too much exercise at one time there! Five minutes on a bike is like a normal person doing this for 1/2 hour when out of shape. You should have just done the stretching on a very limited time span. You will surely have to build up to the exercise routines. Maybe two minutes on the bike (slow), then later in the day do the stretching, or visa versa.

Try a peroxide, epson salts soak for those sore muscles.
    Heres what I do;

3 cups of Epson Salts
    3 large bottles of regular peroxide

Mix in a tub of very warm water and soak for twenty minutes only. You will feel weak when you get out, so go to bed for half an hour or for the night.

This is really great for strained muscles, spasms, and Fibro in general. Not a cure, just relief.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Be sure to keep your body warm too.

Shalom, Shirl

4. tandy

tandy New Member

That sounds totally accurate!!I could'nt have descibed it better~ Sorry you feel this pain.The PT will do that more in the beginning......For me it lessened somewhat in time,but it doe's kick yer butt!!So lay back,pamper yourself with a hot bath,slip into your jammies and lounge!!Thats what I'll be doing.(and thinking about eating good food tomorrow!)LOL
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

frist rule TAKE IT EASY!when you dont you pay for it later (wish i took my own advise im always overdoing it) im so sorry that your having a bad day hopefully youll feel better by tommrrow try and get some rest
    hugs
    kara
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2002]